DIY private investagationing

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by bob shovel, 2nd Jun, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

I thought this

[​IMG]

Then remembered the bogan

[​IMG]

datto and Azazel like this.
  2. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Hehe, I don't think I've seen that before.

3. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

Generally when it comes to family the easiest thing is to be upfront and have a family conference and ask straight questions.
    Carers often have a different view from non carers and may consider themselves (rightly or wrongly) more entitled due to the years they have given up.
    I know you're in the wrong state to have a family conference but if it directly affects you then make some phone calls at least.
    You may then consult for some legal advice if you feel the need.
    At the end of the day even if the Will is written in the carer's favour it may be challenged even if you do nothing now.
    The thing you don't want to happen is all the money to disappear before death.

4. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

There has been a meeting with an independent person, mainly relating to nursing home and better care but to do so meant selling the house. My mum was accused of wanting the cash from the sale of the house over adequate care. She has since backed off and only visits now not arranging dr appointments and everything else she did, so the others can see what's involved.

Also got word from an aunty that she is prepared to fight the will even if it means her share is lost to legal fees etc.
    ...they're all mad!

5. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

That's pretty crazy.
    As an aside, you can find out a lot about someone on the internet, but not so much if they're an oldie and not using it much.

6. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

Inter..what?? :cool: yeah not so much luck on that front. Fairly private for most things

7. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Usually the case.
    But if using it, the oldies usually don't put on the privacy settings on facebook and all that.