ASX Shares Dividends

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by Silverson, 29th Mar, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. SatayKing

SatayKing Well-Known Member

I've had a ball thinking about variations. Imagine a retired person who has an SMSF and only has bank shares because "they are reliable and good dividend payers" - ie usual mantra. Add on the change in the mandatory drawdown for an account-based pension being altered for the time being. Bit of a double (triple with share price reduction?) whammy. Oops.

2. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

Satay-King at one stage the Banks had it all a full spectrum dominance over the world economy the media industry everything and all now are sitting on the precipice that could lead to the breaking point..

Plus I do pity the select self -funded crew that only invested in one or several banks thinking that's all I have to do..

Just as well a dumb lucky person like myself underpinned the set-up I control even with one bank is over 60 percent of that set-up with 23 other companies that will over''Time'' balance itself out again..

Last edited: 9th Apr, 2020
  3. Nodrog

Nodrog Well-Known Member

I’ve never regretted getting rid of all direct share holdings. Investing is just so simple, boring and stress free nowadays.

Ynot, Snowball, Froxy and 2 others like this.
  4. SatayKing

SatayKing Well-Known Member

Say it isn't so! :eek:

Waiting for funds to come in is stress but in today's environment there is little to spend it on and that's certainly stressful. No TP, no hand sanitizer, no chicken breast, no travel, no restaurants, no pubs or clubs (although the latter could be useful soon.) Of course the positive is no neighbours.

Anne11 and Nodrog like this.
  5. Nodrog

Nodrog Well-Known Member

I don’t know about nothing to spend it on. It cost us $140 the other day to get one of our chickens checked out by the vet and a supply of antibiotics:(.

6. Big A

Big A Well-Known Member

$140 on Chicken. :eek: My local charcoal chicken place does a delicious whole chicken for $16. :D

Ynot and balwoges like this.
  7. berten

berten Well-Known Member

@Nodrog

What's your spread these days?

8. Nodrog

Nodrog Well-Known Member

I prefer Peanut Butter.

Ynot, Anne11, monk and 3 others like this.
  9. Greedo

Greedo Well-Known Member

SYD have cancelled their half year distribution. No surprises given impact to them and resulting liquidity challenges

10. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

Shares fell by roughly the half year distribution. So it wasnt a surprise to the market.

11. Greedo

Greedo Well-Known Member

I must know more than the market then huh :) It was trading close to the previous close most of the day despite the announcement being before opening. Did the market have it wrong all day and decide to sell off towards close. It looks like it’s movement simply followed xjo at the end of the day. You could be right but it’s just guessing. its current daily movements are at that level that it dropped by overall (big swings aside) so how can you really tell right now.