Distressed Property

Discussion in 'Investment Strategy' started by In-sight-ful, 18th Oct, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
?

Would you buy a distressed property?

1. Yes

29 vote(s)
    93.5%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    6.5%
  1. In-sight-ful

In-sight-ful Member

@bob shovel By RE apps, do you mean the real estate app or anything else?

2. Marg4000

Marg4000 Well-Known Member

My daughter had followed the property on the internet but at first discounted it as it was well above her budget. The significant price reduction and time frame was forced by divorce proceedings. My daughter had a rapport with the RE agent who helped her a lot.

Not sure of the other case.
    Marg

3. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

@In-sight-ful :) You did the course - how 'bout you share a few secrets with the forum?

Perthguy likes this.
  4. In-sight-ful

In-sight-ful Member

@WattleIdo I didnt do the course. Was there for the free 2 hour introduction seminar. The course was packaged at $10K. Didnt find it worth that amount

MSB, WattleIdo and Perthguy like this.
  5. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

Well it would be worth that amount if it saved you $10k on a house.
    However back to your question. I believe court lists are public information and are searchable.
    I don't follow the DG strategy as I develop properties but it is a full on process and there is a lot of work to attain the one yes from a sea of nos. You need to have a thick skin to wade through all the many rejections to find that one person who will say yes to you buying them out.

bob shovel and Perthguy like this.
  6. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

I think you're right. The kind of person who can spot a bargain and then go ahead with it won't get much out of a packaged sales pitch. :cool:

7. Westminster

BTW I'm not advocating that it's a good idea to do the course or that it's worth $10k but you seem to like the strategy but don't know enough about it to carry it out yet.
    It is mainly geared to doing multiple distressed buy outs and keep doing it as a strategy. If you just want to find one property and put that in your portfolio then the hints and guidance given are the things that we all use to try and find that gem in the rough.

Perthguy likes this.
  8. Saw Myint

Saw Myint New Member

Hi All,
    I have been Dominique student since May this year 2017.
    with the RE rescue course, which she charge around $5,000, she taught us how to find distressed properties all over australia and strategies to deals with the owners once you find them.
    if you become her mentoring student after the course then, she charge around $30,000 per year for the first year if you pay by installments. But she give you access to those properties all over Australia and also a couch. You get off market list twice a week and on market list once a week. There are too many NEW properties in every states every week.
    Strategy itself works but whether it works for you or not depends on whether this suits you.
    Cheers,
    Saw

Last edited by a moderator: 8th Nov, 2017
    TheOne and Lions4Eva like this.
  9. Westminster

Hi @Saw Myint how are finding it putting your course into practise??

Did you just do the course or mentoring too?

10. TheOne

TheOne Member

Hi @Saw Myint

For $30,000 per year, what does she do in the mentoring other than the lists and access to those properties? I was told accessing the properties database costs $5000(Excuse me, I may remember the amount incorrectly.) per six months. I like to know how good her mentoring and coaching are.