distressed property report

Discussion in 'Property Information Resources & Tools' started by Sackie, 20th Sep, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

2. Taku Ekanayake

Taku Ekanayake Well-Known Member

Never used it but would also love to hear feed back.
    @Leo2413 do you find that distressed properties are marketed as distressed, or do you mainly find that it's not written in the ad and you have to ask the agent or do your own snooping around?

I've found over the last few weeks that they aren't usually marketed as distressed as such, and I found out through questioning the agent.

3. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

[QUOTE"Taku Ekanayake, post: 67687, member: 837"]Never used it but would also love to hear feed back.
    Yes so would I...seems no one has used it or they aint telling :) We might have to try it for ourselves and see @Taku Ekanayake ;)

@Leo2413 do you find that distressed properties are marketed as distressed, or do you mainly find that it's not written in the ad and you have to ask the agent or do your own snooping around?
    Well like you've discovered its a mix really. Sometimes you can tell from the description "must sell" " motivated seller" "deceased estate" ect. and other times you need to investigate further. As you've said, by questioning the agent you can uncover all sorts of goodies. Other things I personally also do are
    1. Rpdata to see when it was bought, for how much and what are they asking now
    2.How many days its been on the market. One of my last purchases in Brisbane was on the market for 160 days. Oh what a beauty that turned out to be but that's another story
    :D
    3. I also do letter drops sometimes in certain targeted suburbs. For people who need to sell fast and want to avoid agents fees etc. Its an aggressive approach but all I can say is it works every so often. not too often. But all you need is for it to yield 1 or 2 results in say 10 years and its more than worth it ::)
    4. News paper adds For Sale. Many people I think miss this one
    5. Now I cant tell you all my secrets can I
    :p

Taku Ekanayake, Tekoz and Gockie like this.
  4. Taku Ekanayake

Taku Ekanayake Well-Known Member

Thanks for the awesome feedback.
    Sorry for some reason I didn't et notified of the reply in my activity feed.
    Letter box drops - that is next level @Leo2413!
    Yep, I too also like the property that's been on the market for many days.. Gone stale.. But usually there's more to the story than meets the eye in most cases

Sackie likes this.
  5. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Definitely ;) Half our job as professional investors is to be detectives imo :D

Last edited: 24th Sep, 2015
    Taku Ekanayake likes this.
  6. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

Its like mortgagee in possesion type auctions a few years ago. People ysed to think they are a guaranteedd bargain. Until there was a point when people were overpaying and buying at any cost.
    Like a mini boom in itself

Sackie likes this.
  7. meme plecko

meme plecko Well-Known Member

See, that's clever, I might do that in Sydney if interest rates go up in a couple of years time, surely there will be lots of people who will be in trouble

Sackie likes this.
  8. Phantom

Phantom Well-Known Member

Don't tell everyone....just keep it between us..... :D

Sackie likes this.
  9. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

@meme plecko

Boy do I have a bag of tricks....:D;)