Dishwasher

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by Angel, 14th Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Hey Angel, we just had one go up North, they put in a stainless steel dishlex, it was $578 + $88 for delivery/install. From the Good Guys apparently.
    Funnily enough, delivery/install was less than the other plumbers call out fee ($110).

2. Fernfurn

Fernfurn Well-Known Member

I have bought 6 ss cheapest model dishlex over a period of 10 years and never had a problem with them

3. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Definitely, my friend.

Mr Angel is home from work this week so I sent him off to Masters who apparently deliver for free.
    Their website had the Dishlex in stock but alas, not in real life. He finally tells me (dont ask so many questions!) "they will call me when it's ready". No price, no quote. no Free Del contract. Did you bring home the old one? No, I'll get it another time.

Got home from work today and there is a mountain of junk from his deceased Mother's place in the garage. It looks like we take a trailer load of junk via the house, to council tip in the next suburb. Free dump for ex Pine Rivers residents, a win for us. Install is usually plug into existing power point and screw hose connector into existing tap, free.

My Bosch dishwater has been awesome; it is at least 8 years old. Last year I bought a Bosch self-cleaning stove, double awesome.

Anyone want a box full of curly timber bits that you decorate an old Qlder ? Tim, Wylie?

4. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

If Tim wants them that is fine but I will ask hubby and I have no doubt he will take them rather than see them go to the tip. We will be doing lifting and renovating things with some queenslanders soon(ish).

5. bunkai

bunkai Well-Known Member

I had a Haier (back when they were $500 about 8 years ago) in an IP. Lasted 5 years - and 3 callouts in 5 year warranty. Noisy thing - patient tenants.

I have 3 Bosch (cheap end) in other IPs. Some >10 years and no issues. Although I did read a ACA issue with them of late. I'd recommend.

6. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

What are these curly bits you speak of?

7. 733

733 Well-Known Member

Hi Angel

Its Renee here :)

We definately go for mid range Cheaper in the long run

cheers

8. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Mr Angel now tells me they are worth $300. They are not routed or lathed, but apparently hand carved. I would have to upload a photo and atm I cant find the flash on my Tablet. They go with a fireplace surround/mantle piece that his mother bought years ago and never installed.

9. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Ah, no worries, thanks for the details.
    I'll need to get a fireplace to match ;)

10. Chrispy

Chrispy Well-Known Member

I have bought Dishlex from Appliance On line for great price. They not only delivered when they said but took away old one free of charge. They have done this for me for a few different appliances from IPs plus taken away old ones. There was a question when you ordered about taking away old appliances. I had to disconnect each of the appliances and move them so new one could be brought in.

11. TheLake

TheLake New Member

I just bought a $299 Aldi for my PPOR, comes with 3 year in house warranty. Works great so far. Figured I can't lose. My last Bosch was $1000 with 3yr ext warranty and lasted 5 years with 3 repairs along the way.

Azazel, VKeen2Learn and wylie like this.
  12. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Cool, let us know if you have any issues with it.
    Would be interesting to see long term. I've bought a few Aldi things and haven't really had any issues, was easy to return if I did.

13. fantail

fantail Well-Known Member

When we were doing a kitchen reno on our house about five years ago, I wanted a dishwasher (never had one before!!) so asked friends, read reviews and went to various stores to see lots of models.
    I chose a Samsung stainless steel - I think it cost around $600.
    On first use we noticed a small water leak and Samsung sent two guys out next day to repair/replace it so their service is pretty good.
    In the five years since, there's been no problem and we're really happy with it - it's really quiet, efficient and has many special cycles - half wash,glass wash etc.
    The touch controls are on the very top of the door - the bit that goes under the benchtop - so when door's closed it looks very sleek - all you can see is the stainless steel face with a full width handle and little window showing the progress of the cycle.
    Samsung are not in all stores - appliances online had it but we found it on display at Good Guys.

14. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

I want to buy a dishwasher for my home. Just don’t know which. The last one stopped working 10 months ago.

I’m tossing up between a dishdrawer or one with a cutlery tray that is very quiet for the best price.....

Dishdrawer - because my household only consists of 2 people
    Budget - because dishwashers vary from about $400 to ~$2000 and why pay so much more?

Quiet is important because the dishwasher is right near the lounge area.

15. Joynz

Joynz Well-Known Member

Electrolux has a dishwasher with a ‘lift’ type feature on the bottom drawer so you don’t risk back strain by bending down to stack and unstack the bottom drawer.

ComfortLift | Electrolux Australia

Won a design award and has a cutlery tray at the top.

Last edited: 22nd Apr, 2019
  16. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

I found the dishdrawer didn't wash as well as a normal dishwasher and all those items which say "top shelf in dishwasher only" couldn't be washed in it. They also aren't cheap!

I have a hideously expensive dishwasher but it's quietness and cleaning ability is amazing and I can put really tall pots in it which I never could with the dishdrawer or my standard dishwasher.

Mine is Siemens but it is also badged as Bosch Appliances Online

17. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Michael Mitchell likes this.
  18. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

I'd recommend Asko. Every time.

Michael Mitchell and Gockie like this.
  19. balwoges

balwoges Well-Known Member

I am a Miele fan, had one for 8 years - sold with house. Bought another Miele for present home, now 3 years old and no problems. However, I am one of those people who rinse before putting dishes in machine, maybe that's why I never have problems ... :D

Chrispy likes this.
  20. Heinz57

Heinz57 Well-Known Member

New house has Smeg. Doesn’t dry dishes properly, had to put a mat in the kitchen for safety due to drips. Miss the Bosch.