Discrepancies in search results between Domain and realestate.com.au

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by CSDS, 27th Apr, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. CSDS

CSDS Well-Known Member

Hi there,

My wife and I are searching for a PPOR.

I am searching the domain.com.au website and my wife is searching realestate.com.au.

She seems to be coming across listings that have not shown up on my Domain search.

In others experience:

1. Is this common?
    2. Are there any other places we should be looking for listings that we are not?

Thanks

2. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

Yes not all real estate agents advertise on both. You should also check your state based one if you are looking in Victoria which is run by REIV Real Estate | Houses & Property for Sale | realestateVIEW

It's a hassle having to check multiple sources but it can be worth it if you find something on the REIV one that isn't on the more popular sites so that there is less competition.

CSDS likes this.
  3. kaibo

kaibo Well-Known Member

Some agents don't bother with domain with certain listings. These usually are lower end and sometimes listings that are EOI and not running an auction campaign. I have not found any listed on Domain but not realestate

CSDS likes this.
  4. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Search engines only display whats listed with them. They will vary.

Its like travel and booking engines. Trivago claim to be unique by being the search engine for accomodation search engines. Its also not unique. Airbnb and many others for example. Some properties wont list anywhere expect their own website too.

5. Big Will

Big Will Well-Known Member

Each listing on each site usually costs the vendor money.

1. Is this common - not necessary but if a vendor has limited funds or don't believe in other platforms then they it might be only listed on one (sometimes even none!).

2. Plenty to many to list from agents websites through to gumtree and even ebay - there literally is to many to list.

CSDS likes this.