Cars & Motorbikes Discount when buying new and used cars

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Coastal, 16th Jul, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. jordy

jordy Active Member

What makes you think dealerships are screwing you?

End of the day everyone needs to make something to keep the doors open....

2. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

I probably would never go for a Kia, but Hyundais actually aren't that bad.
    Wouldn't buy one myself mind you.

Dan Donoghue likes this.
  3. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

I dont have stats on whether jp vs euro vs kor has more warranty repairs. But the hyundais and kias seem to have the longest/biggest warranties. If their product was so bad that it was being repaired every 6 months, the company would go bust and people would stop buying based on recommendations.

You could say that a entry level euro sedan at the 60k is ridiculous compared to say a 30k jp car

4. joel

joel Well-Known Member

I have family that has worked for various dealerships and I can assure you that they are screwing you.

Everyone I know that owns a Hyundai has spent more time getting it repaired than actually driving it. Of course not every car is going to fall apart, but the % that do is too high.

5. Fargo

Fargo Well-Known Member

They are the same except the Kia has a much longer warranty. Come out of the same factory.

6. Fargo

Fargo Well-Known Member

They are the best value there is and very reliable. They can take a hiding. I have bought two. Brilliant on fuel, can handle rough roads that make comodores fall apart and Toyotas and anything develop rattles. Never had a car berfore that done over 120k on rough and corrugated roads that didn't rattle. Never had a breakdown or problem. The guy who done the wheel alignment said the suspension was as good or better than much more expensive cars which had more problems. Joel you must be confused with a Craptiva.

7. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

Every single one of my family memebrs has a toyota, honda

And admittedly they are boring. Not one of them has broken down or had an issue except consumables or whatever theyrr called eg lamp globes and wear and tear

In fact ive never heard any of my family members have to take a car to garage except for a car accident or scheduled servicing.

I know for a fact that aussie cars a piece of junk. Why anyone would buy any of them is beyond me. However they do generally make very powerful cars for a reasonable price.

8. Coastal

Coastal Well-Known Member

For an end of model sale say 2016 model car, 2017 models will be making their way in, I have found it difficult to get much of a discount is Brisbane. Haven't bought yet though. Though the car has be discounted already and is the cheapest new car that make in Brisbane. Its about 2 k higher everywhere else.

9. Jerry O

Jerry O Well-Known Member

When I bought my car. I got free mats. I was quite happy back then, and naive too.. :(

Dan Donoghue likes this.
  10. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Or a tank of petrol.
    You don't get both.
    Surely you paid the extra for paint protection too?