Disappointing Growth- Woodridge- Logan, QLD

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by JoL0, 21st Jan, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

This should be the case, but I've got several (wooden monsters) and the maintenance pales in comparison to my brick lowset. Everything is accessible and visible.

JZ93 and Whitecat like this.
  2. RetireRich101

RetireRich101 Well-Known Member

Based on your past posts, you're pretty good at finding data and stats. Care to help us out here with the stats and proven the 66% for Woodridge in 2003 is incorrect? Or maybe it didn't performed as what PriceFinder suggested? PF also suggest 50%+ increase in 2003 for other suburbs such as Kingston, Logan central

You can easily pick who has vested interest in LCC, yet you could equally spot the haters.

We are not here to spruik, but open to discussion on history data/stats. PF suggest a approx 10% per annum increase for the last 2years since I've had them, and this is much spot on.

3. Northy85

Northy85 Well-Known Member

@MTR I purchased one in Slacks Creek in February 2014 it was valued at $310k and I drew equity out of another one in Slacks Creek which valued in at $340k. Last year around August I had them both revalued at $340k and $370k respectively. No renovations or improvements, just capital growth.

Granted this isn't amazing, but it's still pretty good.

MTR likes this.
  4. Rich2011

Rich2011 Well-Known Member

Channel 9 reporting tonight that Inala is the fastest selling market in Brisbane at the moment.... From the recent auctions I have attended in that area there appears to be lots of interest... I think good times ahead for well located affordable property in Brisbane...

Whitecat and Frazz like this.
  5. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

Inala is similar socio economic area as Mt gravett east isn't it? Thought so. Both quality ;)

6. bread_boy

bread_boy Well-Known Member

Inala is where all the viets live. So it's a poor man's sunny bank hills

7. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

Why are there so many vets there? Is that where the shark tank dude lives? The one with the pet stores? ?

8. Whitecat

Whitecat Well-Known Member

i agree i think there is growth in its way is my gut feeling. I would be inclined to keep something like that given purchase price

9. C-mac

C-mac Well-Known Member

I'll need to look up those stats for Inala - didn't know this suburb had posted gains so big. But then if it is a Channel 9 report (or any other mainstream media) I'm not sure I'd trust their data methodology. If it's one of those 'we spoke to several sales agents in Inala, and they said X'... I'd dig a bit deeper on that data.

10. Special order

Special order Well-Known Member

There was a guy on somersoft buying highsets in woodridge for under 200 in 2011, not much I don't think anymore for under 300...the thread is still out there somewhere and would make a more interesting thread than this sob story.

Unfortunately it sounds like the OP hasnt really realised the mistake they have made and you would think that after 12 years of holding an IP that wasn't going up in value you would think that they would of put aside some time to work out why, instead all that happens is a whinging thread on poor growth in a suburb that is doing well for other people

Get comfy in your job buddy, unless you educate up, we will be expecting more sad story's to follow this one

Biz likes this.
  11. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

Missed the boat for Logan this time around . We bought some nice properties in manly / Wynuum / Tenerife in last half of 2013 ( which would have been a good time to buy in Logan ) and bought in goodna last year because we had missed the boat in Logan , but not in goodna , which still offers good value at this stage . Some good opportunities leading into the election .

There's a thread on that here .

Cliff

12. Bayview

Bayview Well-Known Member

What happened to NG and evil investors forcing up prices?

(sorry; couldn't help myself :p)

13. Northy85

Northy85 Well-Known Member

That's a good thread on Goodna. I looked at buying one there but then decided against as I have too much exposure to South East Queensland. Currently I'm just sitting on my bum waiting for things to go up and saving money for the next thing.

All the bayside suburbs have done well from what I've heard. You'd be sitting on a fair chunk of equity now.

14. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

Percentage wise Logan would have done better than Wynnum / Manly from what I've seen , but those were all bought to hold long term while we may sell some of our Goodna properties .

Cliff

15. RetireRich101

I thought Wynnum/Manly did better in % for 2014-2015, no?

Wynnum/Wynnum West about 23% for the last 2 years
    upload_2016-7-11_16-41-30.png

Manly/Manly West about 30% for the last 2 years
    upload_2016-7-11_16-40-50.png

16. RetireRich101

I would be one of those investors, but I won't shoot you otherwise I won't get another naked mona:p..
    I used this strategy to time my entry into logan in 2014. This gave me 20% gain for the last 2 years.
    Some say this has moved, some say it hasn't....but if Logan continues 10% each year, I will be happy in 2020
    so far, 2014-2015 increase in Logan is similar to Sydney western growth in 2010-2011. What will happen in the next 3 years is anyone's guess.

Last edited: 11th Jul, 2016
    JZ93, Frazz, Greyghost and 2 others like this.
  17. Whitecat

Whitecat Well-Known Member

I feel this is quite critical. OP posted seeking assistance.

David_SYD, Foxdan and bread_boy like this.
  18. Andrew H

Andrew H Well-Known Member

Looks likes it growing fine to me:

Woodridge

19. Big Will

Big Will Well-Known Member

20. Andrew H

Andrew H Well-Known Member

I would be careful using RE.com as your main source of data.
    The source for my link above is Core Logic RP data which would capture close if not all sales as they are the leading RE data company. Which is why i use it as its free.

Your link is from RE.com.au and i may presume only uses information on sales from RE.com.au. therefore not a true reflection of the market. However given the large sales volumes on RE.com.au they would be close ( as we can see when comparing), but if something sells say on Domain.com.au or elsewhere that wasn't listed on RE.com.au i dont think RE.com.au would capture that data