Dilapidation report. what order do we do insurance, dilapidation report , signing po.

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by justine77, 14th Apr, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. justine77

justine77 Well-Known Member

I received a letter from my neighbours property manager
    They are claming that the insurer for his development said that we must do things in the following order.

1 Have a meeting to discuss any relevant matters
    2 Then do dilipidation report
    3 Then he wants me to sign Form 4, PO, subject to Insurance policy issued with you name and address as interested parties

my neighbour is obsessive about not wanting to pay for the insurance more days than necessary so is that the real reason he is trying to get us to do things in this order or is this really the correct order to do things
    He has been unreliable untrustworthy in knowing the correct insurance to insure my property while he develops along my boundary which is very important incase there is any damage to my property through this development. (. He thought some random general insurance was enough and others warned me that no it must be specific for these protection works with my name and address specified.)

I also dont want any meetings to discuss or negotiate anything as my health cannot cope with it at all at this point. I want any discussion or negotiation through email only.

should we be seeing the proper insurance before i sign and should i also bring extra clauses that we want him to sign agree ment for
    and then we do the dilapidation report in the few days following.
    Is that the better order.
    Thank you.

2. SeafordSunshine

SeafordSunshine Well-Known Member

Dear Justine,
    On this matter suggest you speak with you family solicitor.
    They should act in your interests,
    I hope this helps

Tom Rivera and balwoges like this.