dilapidatin report. I was told alot of photos videos should be taken but they didnt take any

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by justine77, 18th Apr, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. justine77

justine77 Well-Known Member

dilapidation report. I was told alot of photos videos should be taken to prove my walls are not cracked incase there is damage to my property from neighbouring development, but they didnt take any photos or videos besides of one tiny hairline paint crack that doesnt show up in the photo

i did have a friend there so a witness that there were no cracks and thats why they only took that one photo of a slight paint crack.

i guess i should take photos and videos myself and date them as they didnt take any. I was told they would take lots of photos indoors and outdoors but they didnt.

2. Propertunity

Propertunity Well-Known Member

Who is the "they" please?

3. justine77

justine77 Well-Known Member

Buikder abd project manager
    I was told that in a dilapidation report they will take lots of photos of the state of my house so if any damages happens to my property from their development that I can prove to insurance the state of my house b4 they started developing next door .
    I was warned that I should taje detailed photos of every detail in my house inside and out I had long lists of things that the state of them should b documented and photographed inside and out to protect mysekf incase I needed to calm any damage in future
    It was built up to b such a big deal and then they came , they walked through only the side of the house facing their property not at all the other side
    They tried to take 2 photos of 2 tiny minor paint cracks and that was it .

They saw there weren’t other cracks
    And they finished within 5-10 minutes with really no documentation or photos of my walls ceilings etc to price they r in perfect condition .

4. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

Take stacks of photos yourself while you can.

5. skater

skater Well-Known Member

Don't you own a camera? Or a phone?

6. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

The cord on my phone isn't long enough. :confused:

158, Lemmy a fiver, skater and 2 others like this.
  7. skater

skater Well-Known Member

Understandable!

8. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

And everytime the photo rotated and made it look like the room had fallen over.

Tom Rivera likes this.