Development Sites Newcastle NSW

Discussion in 'Development' started by RyanB, 28th Apr, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. RyanB

RyanB Well-Known Member

Hi All,

I'm on the hunt for my first real development site. I have flipped before and have recently completed a 2 lot subdivision and am ready to buy my first small site.

I am a builder living in sydney and have done a few trips north stickybeaking but am almost ready to push go. I do not want to go out as far as charlestown/cardiff/wallsend.

Plan is to buy a site in greater Newcastle, Problem is my budget tops out at about 800k for site purchase. I would love some suggestions from someone who may have experience in the area as to what suburbs i should target with my budget, i can see from my prelim research frontages will be an issue in a lot of areas. Dual occs/innercity splits or outer suburb townhouse/duplex preferred.

any advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Happy to cat with like minded developers/newbs

Many thanks
    Ryan

MaxMas and Westminster like this.
  2. gach2

gach2 Well-Known Member

Considered central coast - Wyong council area seems to be low priced and seems to have lots of development stock (stick to r1 zoned lots if your looking to do multi developments)

3. RyanB

RyanB Well-Known Member

Hi Gach2 -

Thanks for the reply. I have considered the area, i do prefer newcastle as i feel there is a larger spread of employment options the the CC and feel that it is a safer investment with more opportunity for CG.

4. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Last edited: 29th Apr, 2020
  5. Grant BuildFast

Grant BuildFast New Member

Hey Ryan,
    How many units do you want to build ideally?

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia