Development on Fathers Property - How?

Discussion in 'Investment Strategy' started by Natebel, 6th Jan, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Natebel

Natebel Member

Marmot - I don't think he has much super somewhere between $100-200k? Pension doesn't provide much which is the reason for this.

Trainee - not sure on "lots" or just "experience", but they know people who have done developments before and other people in the industry. I'm also in the industry - not done the developments myself, but involved (although I'm not normally involved with anything as small as a few dwellings).

2. Natebel

Natebel Member

Thanks for the advice everyone. Seems like the best bet is for the father to do something and just help him do that "something".

3. marmot

marmot Well-Known Member

Probably the best thing for your father would be to go out and get good independent advice .
    For those completely debt free,and dont have big plans to go on cruises every year or overseas holidays the pension provides a basic living , it also allows you to do a bit of part time work each week.
    Something else they have to consider is eligibility for the Commonwealth Seniors Heath Care Card which gives them big discounts for medicine, many councils also give good discounts for council rates as well as cheap public transport travel , water rates, car registration ,and discounts for water and gas .
    Go over the income limit and they may lose eligibility for this card, which can cause their medication and utility bills to significantly rise.

Last edited: 7th Jan, 2019