Development feasibility when Sydney has bottomed out

Discussion in 'Development' started by mike7575, 15th Dec, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. mike7575

mike7575 Well-Known Member

Hi all,

I'm a long time lurker/new poster to the forums and am looking to get more involved.

A couple of questions for the more experienced developers who have maybe seen a cycle or two.

Obviously Sydney is dropping considerably and will most likely continue to for the foreseeable future.

Hypothetically, let's say it bottoms out in mid 2020..

How would you go about assessing the potential risks and feasibility of development sites? (think standard duplex, triplex sites)

As well as this are vacancy rates generally at their highest at the bottom of a downturn?

Ideally, I'd like to complete a duplex or triplex development in 2020 and be able to sell 1 and keep the other 1 or 2 and move onto the next deal. I will definetely have more than enough cash by mid 2020 to do this (and a healthy buffer for any contigency costs as a first time developer).

lixas4 likes this.

Property Investors! Ready to Pay Less Tax? Estimate how much Property Depreciation you can claim on your Investment Property. Washington Brown's calculator is the first calculator to draw on real properties to determine an accurate estimate.