Development Feasibility Study - Adelaide

Discussion in 'Development' started by Torrens, 9th Jul, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Torrens

Torrens New Member

Hi Guys - first time poster here.

I'm looking for recommendations for a reputable company in Adelaide to undertake a development feasibility study.

I have one property and a neighbouring one is likely to come on to the market soon. Both are irregularly shaped, but together they make a mostly regular 1600m2 plot that could conceivably allow for a wide variety of different developments - row houses, duplexes, a series of townhouses etc, all with river frontage. Have looked at the local development plans - all these are allowable.

Being new to the game, I'd like to get some expert opinion as to what development options might deliver the highest yield, and an idea of what that yield might be before the neighbouring property becomes available.

Does anyone have recommendations of good companies to undertake a development feasibility study in Adelaide?

Many Thanks.

2. Brady

Brady Well-Known Member

I had discussion with these guys when I started my development, reasonable guys.
    I'm more hands on so didn't proceed with them, but would work well for others.
    https://www.adelaidebuildassist.com.au/

Also aware of a different company that might be fit what you're looking at doing, haven't spoken with them before.
    www.landbyyou.com.au

3. lixas4

lixas4 Well-Known Member

You mention that the development is of properties abutting a river, you may want to investigate potential aboriginal heritage issues. In vic, if you are within 200m of a river it applies. Also in vic, a two lot sub is exempted, so if you were doing a potential 4 lotter, then it may be better to keep your two titles seperate, and do two seperate two lotters, to get around the potential heritage requirements.

Sometimes sorting the heritage issues can add years to a development timeline, so it would be worth checking SA's rules around this.

4. Torrens

Torrens New Member

Many thanks - greatly appreciated.

5. Torrens

Torrens New Member

Thanks mate - a good pickup, but one I don't believe applies in this instance. There has been a lot of development in the area that has gone from sale to complete new build in very short timeframes, and I have a bit of experience with Aboriginal heritage (worked in the relevant dept/section for a year)

lixas4 likes this.