Developer Newbie - Perth

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by DSN, 7th Jun, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. DSN

DSN Member

Hi everyone ,

I have been a clumsy investor for a while in the Perth market and time in the market has been kind to me . Like everyone on here , I have a passion for real estate , in particular I would like to follow the development path . Over the years I have put my faith and money in the hands of "experts" who could show me how to retire early . Lesson learnt and it's time to take control of my outcomes . I know there is a lot to learn and have had some expensive lessons along the way but can't wait to see how it turns out .

2. LifesGood

LifesGood Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard. If you feel like sharing a successful, or unsuccessful, investment experience there would be many people on here ready and willing to hear about it!

3. DSN

DSN Member

Thanks LifesGood ,

I have definitely made some rookie investor mistakes ,like the financial adviser who could show me how to pay of my PPOR by buying the house and land package in Gold Coast , to the passive income to be earned through off the plans apartments 50klms from Melbourne . Like I said before , time in the market will make these look ok one day but I am sure I can create my own wealth by learning as much as I can to do it myself .

LifesGood likes this.
  4. Property Twins

Property Twins Mortgage Brokers & Buyers Agents Business Member

Hi DSN

For Perth, might be worth reaching out to @MTR and @Westminster

Cheers
    MsAli

5. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

Hi DSN,

You're in the right place :) Keep an eye out for our Perth meet-ups, they're a good way to learn from some experienced and successful investors.

6. Aaron Sice

Aaron Sice Well-Known Member

Welcome and hope to see you round!

7. DSN

DSN Member

Thanks everyone , looking forward to the opportunity to learn from you all and will keep an eye out for the meet ups .

8. spludgey

spludgey Well-Known Member

I don't mean to be discouraging, but I'm a big believer in learning to walk before you run.
    I can't really tell from your post if you understand the basics of property investing or not, if you do, disregard my post, if you don't, then I strongly urge you to make sure that you're comfortable with stock standard property investing before branching out into developments. It's a lower risk environment and many of the challenges that you'll encounter here will help you in developing further down the road.

9. DSN

DSN Member

Thanks Sludgey, I have a little experience in as much as a splitter block, then build / retain . Looking to make the next step to a small development , around 4-6 apartments . It will be one step at a time process and keen to learn to walk first .