Developer erected his fence within my yard, costing me.

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by No_Limits, 28th Jul, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Gill Bates

Gill Bates Well-Known Member

The developer would have known about access agreements. And would have had one.
    Although his version may not have been best for your interests.
    A solicitor that specializes in property related legal advise is best - in my experience.

Another issue is insurance for any event that happens on your property. You should not be liable for any risk

I was in a similar situation. Developers are cheeky and try to get things at no cost and risk to them. My solicitor advised me to call the police for trespass if developer came on to my property and access agreement was not signed.

Last edited: 5th Sep, 2021
  2. Sydneyboy

Sydneyboy Active Member

I hope you got a security deposit for use in case the developer doesn't restore the site. Many stories of developers riding off into the sunset and leaving the corporate entity with no financial assets and not worth chasing. An indemnity is great ... on paper.

3. datto

datto Well-Known Member

Talk about pushing the boundaries. Might have to talk to a lawyer with this one.

4. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

Would also be hard to jump a fence like that with a bottle of rip van winkle in a paper bag and the lawn mower..

Last edited: 6th Sep, 2021
    datto likes this.
  5. datto

datto Well-Known Member

That's why I'm totally against this type of behaviour.

Price Accounting provide investor + developer tax services world and Australia wide for your property and all tax issues. Contact Paul@PFI below for our new client pack and quoted pricing + client portal access. Trusts, Co and SMSF are our specialty.