Developement design

Discussion in 'Development' started by E2P, 15th Sep, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. E2P

E2P Member

Hi All,
    I am looking to buy a property with intention to develope. The plan is to build 4 townhouses. The property details are:
    - the land size is 955m2
    - the width is 20m and 48m deep
    Questions
    1. The zoning is R60 however council has requirement of 10m setback from the back fence and 3m from the front. Can I fit 4 townhouses with these conditions?
    2. Is it possible to get relaxation from these setback requirements?
    Thanks in advance

2. thatbum

thatbum Well-Known Member

Do you have any development experience? I ask because as a developer, shouldn't you already know these things? Or have someone on your team you can professionally consult to give you proper answers?

Bunbury likes this.
  3. E2P

E2P Member

I have done couple of developements in past not many. Both times I contracted the design and construction package to builder. I did consult with couple of known people who are in the game but answer is different. Therefore asking the more experienced people in this forum.

4. Sheshop

Sheshop Well-Known Member

What's the setback requirements for the sides? Im guessing you need a drive/access strip on one side and then how far can you build on the other side? 20 metres soon gets chewed up with a driveway and some open space to the rear. You effectively have 8.75m per townhouse one way but what about the other way?