Design/Sketches for Development

Discussion in 'Development' started by Martinez22, 25th Aug, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Martinez22

Martinez22 Well-Known Member

Hey ppl,

What is the average cost for a pre-liminary design or sketch for a triplex development. Speaking to many builders, quotes are ranging from $800 to $3,000..

Just want to see whose pulling my leg

2. Brady

Brady Well-Known Member

I paid $1,925 for concept drawings - this was in SA for a two story duplex and a stand alone two story (so two properties the same and 3rd property different design)

Note some will charge for amendments etc - mine was writting in the contract and sure made more than was in the contract but was never charged.

Martinez22 likes this.
  3. Tufan Chakir

Tufan Chakir Well-Known Member

Builders will be hoping to get the work and they will base their basic start out on recovering costs if the job proceeds.
    Look at other posts but depending on the level of detail (are the sketch plans going to be used for the planning permit? do you need other drawings for the planning permit, in due course)
    You'll find around $1500 for sketch design and maybe around $2,000 per unit for full planning drawings.
    The prices you've quoted won't include planning drawings I'm sure
    Don't cut costs in the initial stages - pay for a quality design solution - you'll get your money back easily, compared to a more mechanical, basic approach.
    It's not about the drawings it's about the end product, and maximizing what you can achieve

Martinez22 likes this.