depreciation schedule fee

Discussion in 'Accounting & Tax' started by salz, 22nd Dec, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. salz

salz Active Member

Hi,

I had few depreciation schedule done with BMT last year for units and fees were reasonable. They did not have to do site inspections for those. I just called BMT for making depreciation report on my recent purchase on a house and quoted fee was almost doubled. Not sure if this was reasonable reason to double their fee for on-site inspection.

What is the nominal charges for depreciation report on a 4 bedroom house? I have another quote for $500 and thinking Is it worth spending few more hundred to go for BMT dep or not?

What do you suggest - to save money or not?

2. Handyandy

Handyandy Well-Known Member

Contact @Depreciator as he came through for a mate of mine.

Same scenario. Rediculous quote from others. Gave him Scot's number. Week later my mate received his schedule at a very competitive price.

3. BMT Tax Depreciation

BMT Tax Depreciation Chris Business Member

If the fee has doubled then I assume that your earlier reports were a.) units in a new development in which we had significant experience and/or information given to us by the developer or b.) a new house where a builder we know well provided you with plans and inclusions.

The increase in fee is not just because we need to inspect. It's because we need to build everything from scratch, rather than having an existing inventory of fixtures and plans of units, common area, etc. Great care needs to be taken with compliance.

Did you speak with anyone on the phone? If you provide me with a few details (a reference number is good) I'd be happy to look into this for you but I find it surprising that this wasn't explained during the consultation. Rest assured: we are not trying to gouge you. Our fees are based on the amount of work we need to do--as such, I'd argue that they are reasonable--and, if you paid half price last time, then it was because of favourable circumstances around that property.

And, of course, if it looks like we have overlooked something then I will make sure your quote is adjusted.

4. salz

salz Active Member

Thanks will pm you with details. see what you can do on this.