Health & Family Dental implants done in India?

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Propertunity, 1st Oct, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Momentum

Momentum Well-Known Member

Well done, only suckers get major dental work done in Australia

Propertunity likes this.
  2. Momentum

I can't edit my post, it looks like we only have 20 minutes before the edit time runs out. I wanted to additionally say that a friend from the US needed 2 knee replacements and they quoted him US$90k for each knee in the US. He went to India and got both of them done for US$16k. The surgeons in India used the exact same titanium knees imported from Illinois that they would've used if he'd had the surgery in the US.

Toon and Propertunity like this.
  3. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

But they probably put them on back to front!

I would be more worried about skill and training of the doctors the more serious the issues.

4. Momentum

Yes when I saw him recovering in Thailand he looked pigeon toed but came good after a few months. He researched his surgeon and was happy with his US qualifications before committing to the surgery. He and I also got some dental work done in Thailand by a UK trained dentist. Happy with the results. Pattaya has lots of modern dental clinics with the latest tech. Would definitely recommend.

Propertunity and Terry_w like this.
  5. Zenith Chaos

Zenith Chaos Well-Known Member

I know someone very well who did it in SE Asia. The risk is if you need additional repair work. It's equivalent to buying a gray market camera, no warranty unless you take it back to the original vendor.

6. Propertunity

Propertunity Well-Known Member

Mumbai itself is a very big, noisy city. They seem to drive 5 abreast on 3 lane roads and use their horns continually. Once you get used to that, it's pretty much the same as any big city anywhere else.

The dental techs seemed to be just as skilled (to my uneducated POV) as anywhere else I've visited. In some respects they seemed a little more technologically advanced than my dentist back in Australia, especially when it came to X-rays to make sure progress was good on the root canals.

Terry_w likes this.
  7. Propertunity

That's,probably true, although in my own case, I can buy a helluva lot of $900 return flights from Sydney to Mumbai for the $35-40K I saved in this exercise, to make a warranty claim (they have a 25 year guarantee)..
    So you either do that, or stay home and pay for the additional work you need back in Australia.

Sannie and Toon like this.
  8. Casteller

Casteller Well-Known Member

I'm scheduled to get two implants and crowns for missing back teeth next month in Barcelona. Total cost €1980 (€990 each) which seems a lot cheaper than Australia. Three months wait between implants and crown they said.

9. Propertunity

Yeah I'd suggest a minimum of 6 months for the implant to fuse properly to the jaw bone - but that's just me being cautious. I did meet a patient that waited 4 months and was told to go away for a few more months as it wasn't quite ready. I suppose it very much depends on your age & health to a large degree.