Demolition Company Recommendations Perth

Discussion in 'Development' started by LifesGood, 28th Dec, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

One of the differences I've noted on my recent round of quotes was that Mini Diggers rake to 1m and the others raked to 75cm. Whilst that extra 25cm might not be needed it is good if you are doing any cut/fill and want that earth to be easy to move around for the levels.

Which reminds me I'd better book them in for the next 2 jobs.

thydzik and LifesGood like this.
  2. LifesGood

LifesGood Well-Known Member

That's great to hear @Ity . Cheapest is rarely best and it's great to hear others' experiences.

3. LifesGood

LifesGood Well-Known Member

You've got so many on the go, you'll need a project manager soon!

4. Westminster

Just juggling - everything moves so slowly sometimes it seems manageable. Other times it seems like this

[​IMG]

Braz and LifesGood like this.
  5. Ity

Ity Member

I noticed someone mentioned Brajkovich earlier in the thread. I also got a quote from them, but their tree-removal clauses alone were a deal breaker for me (copied below). Plus they only rake to 60cm deep. Like Westminster mentioned- not so good if cut and fill is needed.

Tree clauses:
     Removal of trees and vegetation required. Note-
    *Vegetation removed to 300mm from boundary fence only.
    *Trees within 1.0 metre of boundary, or in places where damage to underground services or fences may occur, will be cut off at ground level.
    *Any required stump grinding to be arranged and paid for by builder/owner after demolition.

Of course, whether or not these would be an issue depends on what the block's like. Mine had quite a few trees near the fence, and on a nice slope to top things off. Fun block!

Westminster likes this.
  6. TML

TML Well-Known Member

Any chance you could provide a ball park figure for demolition?

7. Westminster

My two quotes were around $18k. One property was a weatherboard 2 bedroom cottage and the other was a brick 3 bedroom early 1900s house.

I would assume higher for a larger house but it's a case by case price. Trees + asbestos + house + concrete driveways.

8. darrenonsnow

darrenonsnow Member

Last project I did, had quotes from Brajkovich, Groundworks and Nateis on a 1ac site with extensive gardens (basically an orchard), 200m of fencing, pool, an old house and extensive out buildings.
    Nateis came in cheapest and did a good job $27k. They also worked through a couple of unexpected items - a deep bore, and a pile of asbestos under the house for a reasonable price.
    ph: 93122603