Deleted facebook from phone

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by See Change, 5th Mar, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

I don't need to wean myself off it. I actually just went in to delete it from my iPhone but realised I may lose a contact for something I've sold and waiting on it being collected.

So I'll wait until a few more things are gone.

But I'm curious to know if I can see how much of my battery is being used up. I'm not worried about cellular network because I mostly use it at home anyway.

I can see in "settings" all sorts of information, but not how much I may be draining my battery. I can see I have "background app refresh" so maybe I'll turn that off.

2. SatayKing

SatayKing Well-Known Member

Hmm, in order to in with the trend and provide me with a degree of perverse pleasure, it seems I'll first have to create a Facebook account, download the app to my phone and then delete it.

craigc and wylie like this.
  3. AndyPandy

AndyPandy Well-Known Member

I deleted facebook from my life, now I don't get invited to parties :( . I wasn't fun at parties anyway.

See Change likes this.
  4. AndyPandy

AndyPandy Well-Known Member

Are you sure it's not onlyfans?

datto and skyfall like this.
  5. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

I lived without it for years, only joined to access my old dancing photos in a group set up by my old dance school.

I hardly used it until I discovered marketplace. I can very easily live without it. Would keep it on my home computer for the groups I do enjoy catching up with (local neighbourhood group is good for keeping up with local stuff, antique group is great).

6. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

Some years ago, an older person from the US who was active in a forum I belonged to stopped posting. People tried calling him on the phone or messaging him, with no response. I was friends on Facebook, so I sent messages to his friends on Facebook. One of those friends knew his son, so contacted him. He drove over to check - and found that he had died and was lying on his floor.

One of his friends let me know that, although she had been worried that he appeared to be very solitary, she was now content that he had a good circle of friends online.

craigc, AndyPandy, See Change and 4 others like this.