Delayed settlement... solved? (maybe)

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by Perthguy, 8th Jun, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. legallyblonde

legallyblonde Well-Known Member

Ha... That is so weird that they make you drawn down the loan! Where is the money now? My only delayed settlement just meant that everything happened like normal, just a few days later then intended.

Oh and I fully support you claiming what you are entitled to! It just is not a concept I am familiar with!

2. legallyblonde

legallyblonde Well-Known Member

The awkward moment when I completely forget that some people buy houses to live in!

Perthguy likes this.
  3. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

Slightly complicated, but basically the loan is secured by another property. The funds from that loan were transferred to the settlement Agent's trust account ready for settlement. I think the settlement Agent had all our funds and paperwork ready to settle nearly 2 weeks ago.

I have studied contract law at Masters level, University, so I am used to enforcing provisions :)

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia