Deal With Bad Tenant

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by MelbInvester, 29th Mar, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Xenia

Xenia Well-Known Member

Some tenants are serial complainers and they dramatise things beyond what they really are.
    Tribunals will take a sympathetic approach on the tenant - it's what they do.
    They are refusing access and being difficult to trades people to keep gaining sympathy, keep dramatising and to prove at the end that nothing is being done and now they want to be compensated.

This is a good test to find a PM who is tough enough to take them on - most will put themselves at the effect of this tenants very passive aggressive, narcastic personality.

Find a PM who is not scared to speak up, call it what it is and put them back in their place.

Get them out, they will keep damaging your house in a covert way and manipulating the situation to look like your fault. The PM needs to be able to read the personality behind this type of tenant.

There is a reaso you are feeling frustrated, while you are at their effect you are never going to win - get them out!

Then fix the house.

I bet the next tenant will not complain nearly as much and I bet wherever this tenant goes next, they will make it sound like a ghetto and do exactly the same thing.

Anthony Brew likes this.
  2. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

I think the truth probably lays between what Nemo said & things like the carpet etc is not any fault of theirs, prob a building issue, drummy tiles also cannot just be re sealed.

And what Xenia is saying, they are going to push etc, if they turned away the trades, then I think that helps you, because they were not allowed in to start the job then find any other issues.

Your in a pickle & is fully broken down it seems.

Xenia likes this.