Dash Dot Buyers Agents

Discussion in 'Property Experts' started by Lottsg, 28th Nov, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. squids

squids Member

Wow, a high rise building? yet from what I can see they 'spruik' medium aged homes that are okay but could do with some improvements. AND they only own 2? one they might live in? This sounds very sketchy to me.

2. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Property Talk Australia is not better..lots of Facebook marketing...limited people who can market....most Mortage Brokers on this site and BAs are banned. :)

Same business model...

ellejay likes this.
  3. squids

squids Member

LEAVE ME ALONE

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ruthang likes this.
  4. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

Screenshot_2019-12-26-22-23-24-25.png

investoradam and Simon Hampel like this.
  5. ellejay

ellejay Well-Known Member

For me it was the ad with his partner/girlfriend sitting reading a novel, sipping coffee. Suggesting they've retired on the one investment property they bought not long ago. Hide ad function. Actually I've left most of the FB forums where these sorts of people mostly hang out completely unchallenged, and my mood is much better for it.

6. David456

David456 New Member

Hi Peter, Im looking for a good BA. Can you please recommend some of the good ones you know.

7. Peter_Tersteeg

Peter_Tersteeg Mortgage Broker Business Member

Where are you thinking of purchasing?

8. David456

David456 New Member

Thanks for the reply. Im thinking to buy in Victoria under a certain budget amount so Im happy to buy in Vic regional as well if needed.

9. Peter_Tersteeg

Peter_Tersteeg Mortgage Broker Business Member

DaveM likes this.
  10. David456

David456 New Member

11. PE Investor

PE Investor Member

Has anyone used Dashdot? And do you recommend them? How's your property performed?

12. Live life

Live life Well-Known Member

I got call with them on Saturday. Not so sure I'm keen anymore.

13. Matt Nelson

Matt Nelson New Member

How did you call go the other week? Thanks

14. Live life

Lol. I ended up hiring them. I was so impressed by the presentation that I brought in. You know what's funny. Little known to them. I had an appointment with Investorkit, and I was abit underwhelmed. Investorkit was the one I thought I'd go with as I'm a big fan of Ajun.

I've been impressed with the network so far. I have a momentum call this Monday to talk with the finance and acquisition manager. Should of done this already but was waiting on more news with my finance.

But full steam ahead. I have always listen to past clients too on the pod. And they were blown away. Also have chatted with clients too. And we're over the moon with the purchases.

I felt I want to build a portfolio, and didn't want to stuff it with a dud from the get go. Even though I already have an IP that's going well ATM.

You considering them yourself?

Curoch, TurtleRacer and Matt Nelson like this.
  15. Matt Nelson

Matt Nelson New Member

Yeah I am. We're currently doing a similar thing with a local company called My Money House located here in SA.

We're very new to all this and my partner isn't very interested in doing any research and just jumping in head first.

I'm trying to figure out what the best first step forward is. A company/individual that does most of the heavy lifting, seems to be the best option for us.

16. Live life

The biggest thing for me was, that they had runs on the board, that I spoke to actual clients myself. I literally stalked them on social media. Cos that's what counts for me. Past service and clients who have actually experienced it. And they had glowing endorsements of Dashdot. So that was good.

Secondly I actually wanted to learn to find my IP myself. But since I want to build a portfolio (wish I did it in the last 2 years though, be little harder now with interest rates hiking and borrowing capacity lowering everytime I go for another one) I need to get the right property with the positive cash flow but more importantly at the right time for the market to build that short term growth to tap into it in 6 months to a year to get another. I didn't want to risk getting the wrong one.

To know they will spend 100s and 100s of hours to find my an IP do all the due diligence, all the way to settlement frees me up to not use up all my time. Plus they probably save you in the purchase price what you spent on their fee.

Company or individual, if they are proven can't see why you wouldn't hire whoever you go with.

I listen to one of Dashdot pod with a client Sandy. That episode was epic for what they did for her.

With dashdot. I doubt with the presenter, now with their finance manager. And on Monday I'll talked to the person who will find the property for us. Very excited to build my portfolio.

You guys are right, if time poor like me, let these guys do the heavy lifting for you guys.

When I retire, I'll do PK course and learn to source investments myself. By then I should of had a few IPS by then.

17. PeterBr88

PeterBr88 Active Member

I've bought a house through dashdot recently; happy to field any questions on them. Also feel free to contact me by pm if you want to talk on the phone/email.

My feeling is that if your a newbie property investor who doesn't really know much about the industry, you are better off going with them than trying to do it yourself. But also, they aren't doing much different from the experts on this website, so you could probably do it yourself if you followed the advise found here.

Overall Id probably give then 7.5/10. But time will tell whether the property has good capital growth over the long term.

Pros
    - they make the process really easy. It is easy to get overwhelmed doing this yourself the first time, but their process is very smooth.
    - the house had a good yield (5.8%); I kept an eye on rentals in the area they bought in and it seemed to rise even during the settlement phase
    - the house was under maket value by about 3%
    - the market they bought in seems really hot; properties being bought within days of being listed
    Cons
    - expensive. For cheaper properties, the % cost of their fee (which is flat) may not be worth it
    - there is alot of marketing/spin which makes them seem untrustworthy
    - you could probably get similar results yourself if you researched / followed some of the property gurus on this forum

Last edited: 16th Aug, 2022
    Ricci, kimotruong, Curoch and 2 others like this.
  18. Beatme

Beatme New Member

I'm a complete greenie to property investment and also don't have time to do the research so the idea of the 'whole package' also appeals to me. I tried to book an initial call with Dashdot last night but wasn't able to with a error message saying no connection.
    @PeterBr88 @Live life - is it still a $15,000 sign up fee?
    I've also just had a look at the two Melbourne based buyers advocate's websites recommended in (Middleton and Parker) - don't they offer the same service as Dashdot without all the oily marketing? Or is it with Dashdot you also get after-purchase care advice/guidance (ie. a property manager, guidance on when to buy next property etc)?

19. PeterBr88

PeterBr88 Active Member

Hi Beatme, if I was to have my time again I would definitely look into some of the buyers agents recommended on this website (and compare). Dashdot is expensive, so definitely worth investigating.

I think the fee is 16k + gst for a property (I actually got a discount and paid 12k + gst; not 100% sure what their usual rate is).

They do include property monitoring every 6 months for an update on how its performing. I haven't owned for that long so not sure how comprehensive that monitoring process is.

kimotruong and Beatme like this.
  20. 27649

27649 Well-Known Member

If you got 300-500k right now they will either buy for you in Perth or Regional Queensland Bundy or Rocky.

kimotruong and Curoch like this.