Dash Dot Buyers Agents

Discussion in 'Property Experts' started by Lottsg, 28th Nov, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. koston_44

koston_44 New Member

Such good feedback guys,

I can verify all what @Curious2019 has said. We had the calls and same pitch. We are currently engaged with them with a special refund/get out clause at any time. The properties we are being presented are not knock out deals at all. It has made me cautious and I have ended up here on this forum. To me, I wonder if there are BAs around that have more experience purchasing and runs on the board.

Curious2019 and ellejay like this.
  2. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

Well said @Peter_Tersteeg and we've had our reservations and concerns about many of these "spruiker" type BAs for some time in my experience within both REINSW and REBAA. Slick marketing seems to be the focus more so than working in the clients best interests, and it's a shame as there are many good BAs in this industry. @Lottsg I'd recommend you look on both REBAA and the PIPA sites for qualified BAs who may be better placed to assist you here. Like many posters already, I agree that it's imperative to do your homework and find the right BA for you. @Simon Hampel makes excellent points, and he knows well more than most here how we operate :) It really is about you interviewing several BAs who have runs on the board and going from there. Start with REBAA and PIPA and best of luck. If buying in Melbourne, there are several excellent REBAA members I'd be more than happy to endorse personally, and I've been around for a while ;) so feel free to PM me if interested. Best wishes.

Curoch, Propertunity and BuyersAgent like this.
  3. Mel Morgan

Mel Morgan Sydney Property Manager Business Member

If buying in NSW and QLD I know of a few great BAs personally that I've worked with - feel free to PM me for a recommendation.

4. BuyersAgent

BuyersAgent Well-Known Member Business Member

I don't know this firm personally but yes the high pressure sales pitch would be a turn off to me too. I echo the above sentiments of @ellejay generally and @Jacque specifically about considering rebaa members and checking experience levels if choosing a BA.

Jacque, Curious2019 and ellejay like this.
  5. ellejay

ellejay Well-Known Member

He doesn't have the actual practical experience to be able to source you a deal worth paying a fee for. He's completed a BA course and will be repeating the marketing script and mindset coaching script he's been given as part of the course. If you're going to pay someone then choose someone with proven, sustained results otherwise you're throwing away thousands of dollars plus opportunity cost.

6. Curious2019

Curious2019 Well-Known Member

Hi @koston_44 ,

Hope it all works out mate. Did you end up paying the full fee upfront or did you withhold some to be paid on successful purchase?

what kind of deals have they been presenting to you?
    Please keep us updated and let us know how it goes.
    Cheers

7. BuyersAgent

Yes, there are, here on this forum in fact. Several such as @Jacque and @Lisa Parker and @Propertunity all have oodles of experience and runs on the board.

I am curious what a "knock out deal" looks like to you?

8. Lottsg

Lottsg New Member

Thanks everyone - really good advice and insights much appreciated.

ellejay likes this.
  9. ellejay

I've worked with @BuyersAgent and JacM in the past and had great results.

BuyersAgent and Peter_Tersteeg like this.
  10. BuyersAgent

Thanks @ellejay I appreciate the kind words... I would be engaging you for an NZ or US property judging by the recent pics I've seen!!!

Last edited: 19th Dec, 2019
    ellejay and Jacque like this.
  11. ellejay

I don't have less than 3 years investing experience, charge $15k or have a series of FB ads suggesting I've retired on property income....so yep I would actually be able to source something for you worth buying.

BuyersAgent likes this.
  12. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

One of my favourite advertorials not too long ago was a young lady who was a BA in Sydney who said she had never bought a property for herself

qak and ellejay like this.
  13. RS Gumby

RS Gumby Well-Known Member

DaveM YOU'RE BACK!!!!!

14. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

LOL I have been crazy busy with the charity I now run, have been lurking more than posting!

15. RS Gumby

RS Gumby Well-Known Member

Whats the name of the Charity Dave?

16. squids

squids Member

Made an account just to find out about this guy, his fb re-targeting is ridiculous, he had an ad about some magic formula he had, I simply asked if it was so good why wouldn't he just scale it himself, got blocked. Now that I see he charges 15k I know where he gets his facebook ads money from.

He comes across so snakeoil salesmanny, if he had any idea he would go behind the scenes and let the girl do the ads.

Curoch and Curious2019 like this.
  17. MattyB

MattyB Member

Their adds are everywhere !! Everywhere I go on the net I’m faced with dashdot adds ! The formula that makes money! all their terminology jargon they create is a lot of BS they’ve been in the industry 5 min and have 2.5 properties but they’re now experts? I would never ever use as BA unless they already had what I wanted or at least had a portfolio worth talking about and have been in the property investment space for a decent amount of time. If people are actually paying them $15k for them to “find a unicorn” Then I will eat my hat ! What next!!! Goodluck with the $15k unicorns

Curious2019 likes this.
  18. squids

squids Member

You can't be serious? They only own 2.5 properties (is that even possible), why aren't they scaling themselves to be billionaires? Or is it a case of those who can't do, teach?

19. MattyB

MattyB Member

2 and the 3rd is an “of the plan” yet to be built (high rise in Melb cbd from memory) hence the 2.5, so it’s hard to justify them being so in your face with property when they have hardly made a move on the board so to speak.

In my opinion if they had a multi million dollar portfolio of the types of properties they “recommend” then I would considering them worthy of BA status, however this is not the case. I don’t doubt they will be able to do that once they have 2 consecutive tax returns from the business and plenty of cash deposits ready to go from all of these clients paying $15k A pop!

20. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

I guess the question is - are you paying them for a formula to get you rich, or are you paying them for their research and time?

You don't need to be a property millionaire to provide the latter.

The fundamentals of what makes a good investment property can be learnt.

Let's be real - you can become a property millionaire from good luck, and you can do all the research and still end up with a lemon.

No comment on how good or not good these guys are...

But just saying that finding a property that will grow and can be bought under value is more likely to be about relationships and connections than it is about how big the individuals portfolio is.

Krisyd, VanillaSlice and Rich2011 like this.