NSW Dapto

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Darlinghurst Boy, 30th Jun, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Darlinghurst Boy

Darlinghurst Boy Well-Known Member

Anyone done any research into Dapto ?
    My Doctor mentioned this area to me today on a visit to him.

I dont live there and just recall once going to the Dapto dogs, anything special coming up around there?
    Its down near the Wollongong NSW area.

Tekoz likes this.
  2. alexm

alexm Well-Known Member

There's allot going on down there. Allot of estates have gone up with many more on their way. Go for a drive down there this weekend for a look see, you'll be surprised..

3. sash

sash Well-Known Member

My friend who got up to 12 properties bought one on 2011 for 260k...it is now worth over 380k.

4. Ramos023

Ramos023 Well-Known Member

I bought in Horsley, a suburb over from Dapto - 3br brick for $273k in 2012 and its now worth over 390k easy. Just depends how much growth is left in the Wollongong area, a lot I hope as my holdings are based here :)

5. Chilliblue

Chilliblue Well-Known Member

It will be harder to find an IP in Dapto or its surrounding suburbs as I believe that like Sydney, they are getting close to the peak.

Try looking further south such as the 2541 postcode. Still some great bargains to be had.

6. Tekoz

Tekoz Well-Known Member

@Darlinghurst Boy are you Star of David ;-) ? if yes, then we meet again mate.

Yes, at least investing in Wollongong area is not as expensive as in Sydney at the moment.

See the below indicator:
    [​IMG]

all the best with the investing journey and share us the story here mate.

7. womble66

womble66 Well-Known Member

I live there so I am happy prices have gone well recently. I think 2011-2013 were the recent years to get into Dapto / West Dapto (Horsley) as since then it seem prices have gone up by 10-20% p.a.

The area is the only large scale new build development land left in Wollongong with the current four estates being Alkira (Sold), Vista Park ($$$$), Brooks Reach (Massive with more stage releases to come) and Leydon View (Smaller with more stage releases to come). I think land is close to $300k for ~500m2 or less so I think it is these and H&L packages being in the $500K+ range which are in high demand that are the market drivers in increasing prices of the established houses in the area as well as the Sydney effect.

The next big planned development in the Illawarra is further south in Shellharbour (2527) being the Stocklands "Calderwood" estate but this land is in early development so maybe a long term opportunity if you get in early as long as the market doesn't get flooded and demand stays strong..

Last edited: 19th Jul, 2015
    Ramos023 likes this.