Dandenong VIC

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by MrsNixba, 25th Feb, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. MrsNixba

MrsNixba Well-Known Member

Hey guys

I'm thinking of buying an IP in Dandenong however I'm from Sydney and not overly familiar with the area - I am much more confident and comfortable in Sydney but looking to expand into other states. I like the Dandenong area as it is entry level, affordable and seems similar to the types of suburbs I've stuck to in Sydney - bread and butter.

Can any locals shed some light on the area? I've been told to avoid Potter St - how wide reaching is this 'dodgy' area? I've also been told to watch for oversupply in King George area. What kind of potential for immediate growth is there or has this area peaked? I know there are no crystal balls, but nothing like local / experienced knowledge!

Your wisdom, as always, is much appreciated!

Last edited: 26th Feb, 2016
  2. pinewood

pinewood Well-Known Member

If it suits your budget I would go for it as I believe it is definitely growing and improving. I do not live there but I go there often enough. I can't give street specific opinion but as a suburb it has really developed into a mini city. Lots of new office buildings in the centre of town and looks like a lot of them are government offices too. It is very multicultural - afghanis and Indians. 'Little India' is situated in Dandenong. Popular market (upgraded recently and operates 3 x a week) and also upgraded train station. Also quite industrial in parts. Overall it is looking a whole lot better than it used to and property prices are also reflecting this. Immediate growth, hard to say as there seemed to be great growth last year already but given it is like a mini city with lots of office space and presumably jobs and a good TAFE nearby, there would be long term growth quite certainly.

LibGS likes this.