DA Approval

Discussion in 'Development' started by Darcy Tan, 25th May, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Darcy Tan

Darcy Tan Member

I am planning for a minor renovation to wall up my front porch (add windows, door and minor extension of existing walls). Who would I engage for this (certified builder? any contractor? structural engineer?) Would a DA approval be required? Where can I find information about this?

I am new to this forum. Apologise if this is a duplicated thread and wonder if anyone can kindly point me to any existing threads about this.

2. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

Whole lot more info needed - location (often different councils, different rules), the actual works you are thinking of (plans, photos of existing) etc....

The Y-man

Darcy Tan likes this.
  3. Darcy Tan

Darcy Tan Member

Apologies for the delayed follow-up. It's the front porch in the picture and I just want to wall it up for privacy (add windows, door and minor extension of existing walls) as per my initial post. I am in Georges River Council in Sydney.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    cdn image hosting

4. Shahin_Afarin

Shahin_Afarin Residential and Commercial Broker Business Member

Contact a certifier and see if you are able to do this via CDC approval rather than going through the council. It will be considerably faster to get this through via a certifier than via the council.

Darcy Tan likes this.
  5. AlexG

AlexG New Member

Hi, just saw this post.

Georges River Council, I would say its 95% can be done under CDC. Find a local certifier and they can advise. You will need
    1. Planning certificate (section 10.7) from council. Small fee of $53 or similar, payable to council. It will show whether cdc is allowed or not allowed in your land. (They have their own criteria regarding this). Any certifier will ask for this too.
    2. Someone to draw up the changes in plans and elevations with dimensions. Draftsman might be better.
    3. The rest of the list will be up to certifier.

Alex

Darcy Tan likes this.