DA and CC & Occupation certificate and registration of strata

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by Maxe, 16th Sep, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Maxe

Maxe Member

hi all,

i wanted to ask on some background information with the whole development process and just have some questions if people know the answers

1) With regards to DA and CC, are developers allowed to demolition a site, do excavation and construction before the DA has been approved by the council?
    Or can you complete some sort of works until the DA is approved?

e.g. if DA is approved July 1st, 2020 can the developer start any time of work before this date or have to wait? as in you can also get the CC after the DA has been approved and not before DA approval?

2) Is the OC and registration of strata dependent on each other? And/or are they also dependent on construction the building complete before they can apply for this?

Just trying to understand what is required prior to settlement, do they need OC, strata plan registration or do they only need strata registration and OC can be later?

My understanding that both should be required? Also i saw online theres a title registration required so not sure how that works if this is required first before the other items?

thanks all

2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Depends whether they require approval for demolition

No, they might level the site post demo but not commence bulk excavation.

Can't settle until titles have been issued & OC granted.