Cutting back/improving capacity (in all aspects)

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Codie, 29th Dec, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. willister

willister Well-Known Member

Hahah not that good!

Seriously though I find Australia (Melbourne) in the middle - not as crazy as some Asian cities but not as good as say Japan or from what I've heard parts of Europe for cycling for practical purposes.

2. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

This one resonates big time with me atm - I just can't be bothered trying to bolster, alter mind frames or try and educate anymore - the social (and social media) circle shrinks yet again - if only I could do the same with some family

I do like to have a "big square" calendar on my desk - no fancy pictures here thanks - so I can see the whole month at a glance, and I write everything down on it, so no having to "open" apps and flick through page after page (while squinting at the screen).

Meals are basic - a shake drink for lunch - yogurt and fresh fruit for breakfast ... and then whatever falls out of the fridge after two wines for dinner. I personally would just roast up some veges or a homemade pizza or egg on toast or something really simple ... but the rest of the fam wants something a little more innovative

Last edited: 30th Dec, 2019
    Sackie likes this.
  3. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

One thing I am spending more compared to past years - international flights and related costs (Note: I am a tiger and jetstar user on domestic routes - unless it was to Perth....).
    I just don't do well with 9+ hour flights anymore

I still can't see value in Biz class though unless time is critical - I am happy to break up 2 economy legs with a night or two stopover somewhere in a modest hotel, include meals and still pay less than biz.

Either that or if time is a bit tighter I am planning to do longer flights on premium economy (the trip we did to LAX on Air NZ Prem Ec was awesome - but then that has been voted best in the world)

The Y-man

4. lettert

lettert Well-Known Member

5. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

One thing we did around four years ago was make sheets for updating our financial records . With close to 30 properties , multiple mortgages , accounts and entities it’s easy to loose track of things and overlook something .

Inorder to break it down to more manageable bites we have four sheets for different dates of the month with Every task documented and an adjacent tick box .

works well for us

cliff

ellejay, Codie and Lizzie like this.
  6. SatayKing

SatayKing Well-Known Member

Is the next birthday gift for each going to be a cook book?

7. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Junior can cook but can't be bothered ... hubby can be bothered but can't cook to save his life (or mine!)

8. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

You never friended me...??!!??

tenor.gif

9. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

10. Propin

Propin Well-Known Member

Podcasts sound excellent.

My daughter bought me a Goal setting diary this year. Each week and month it asks you about your goals, achievements, etc. I failed at using it for about 10 months but it has motivated me to write down everything important to me in it for reference rather than having 50 sheets of scrap paper that I lose than have to research or re-write.

I currently do a bit of propagation and growing Plants from seed and usually have around 350 pot plants. I sell a few. I enjoy it but it’s starting to be a lot of work and using a lot of my energy. It’s also becoming a bit mentally draining as there is always work to do. I’ve sold about 20 in December, about 40 are going to my daughters new home after summer, and I’ll be selling about 40 more over the next couple of months. I’ll be keeping 200 plants for hopefully future income.

2020: I’d like to work on higher income through property development and selling last property with no development potential. I want more energy to achieve this.

Edit- I just witnessed a small ****** cutting of variegated Swiss Cheese Vine sell for $2000 at auction. Rare plants are going to be my keepers!

11. Blueskies

Blueskies Well-Known Member

Best thing I have learned over the years is that the brain is great for straregising, generating ideas, inspiration etc, but is terrible at being a filing system/date planner/in-tray.

I constantly try to take any tasks, to-do lists, calendar reminders etc out of my head and capture elsewhere. I use Outlook as a scheduling tool and spreadsheet(s) as to-do lists.

ellejay and Codie like this.
  12. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

The brain is also hopeless for following thru and making things happen ... mine is anyhow. Comes up with amazing ideas, concepts and opportunities ... and then ...

13. albanga

albanga Well-Known Member

But I get paid for those useless meetings. Over the course of a year I probably earn 20k sitting in a chair off with the fairies.
    Heck I’ve even snuck in a few sleeps when it’s a phone conference ;)

Westminster and Sackie like this.
  14. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

And 50 levels of Candy Crush :p

albanga likes this.
  15. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

I have been on facebook since its inception and still is, but I removed my 900+ friends leaving 2 because I have no choice. Reasons? Spam and too much whinging on facebook. You don't see it you don't think about it.

ellejay likes this.
  16. albanga

albanga Well-Known Member

Haha nah I play Marvel Puzzle Quest. Same game style but with the fun of Marvel.
    If it weren’t for meetings I would still be level 5.

Westminster likes this.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia