Customer Service

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by balwoges, 30th Dec, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

I was at my local Reece outlet this morning, they could only offer stainless steel knurled nuts with nylon inserts.

Too tough for my dentures.

Phantom, sanj and geoffw like this.
  2. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

I had the worst customer experience ever at Vodafone.

My daughter was overseas in a remote place with access to Internet but not to phone. We had been paying her phone subscription for the contracted minimum of twelve months and wanted to have it cancelled.

I was told in no uncertain terms that she could only cancel it by phone. I tried hard to argue that she had no access to a phone us the customer "service" person kept on insisting that there was no other way to cancel the service, so therefore we would have to keep paying the monthly fee until she could get to a phone. Voices were raised in both sides of the counter. I left quite upset.

I was contacted by Vodafone complaining about my attitude. I in turn complained about the Vodafone policies. It turned out that there was actually a way for my daughter to cancel the service by email.

3. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

+1 for peanut butter M&Ms and Reeces ones. I'm a sucker for salt + savoury + chocolate. @Blacky tell your local peeps to go to the lolly kiosk at Karrinyup as they are there :)

Corey Batt and Blacky like this.
  4. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

This really annoys me, and don't know why it even had to go down that road. People tell me that the customer service in other countries are worse then in Aust but I don't care about what they do in another country because that's not home.

I am a proud Australian and once I trek up to Mt Everest BC, going to take the Aust flag with me to make my mark and show people where I am from. Especially in the airport, they have a responsibility to show visitors from around the world the good old Aust values of helping out a mate and being nice, really doesn't cost them anything.

5. S.T

S.T Well-Known Member

Is that really service though or just good presentation/packaging? I just think it's fluff. You'll soon find out how good the service is when that new car breaks down, or the parcel of smalls disintegrates in the first wash - how the companies react to those issues is when you find out if you're really getting good service.

6. Blacky

Blacky Well-Known Member

Yeah - I dont mind the Reeces (who by the way started the Peanut butter candy idea - which was then followed by M&Ms). However, they dont have the additinional chocolate coating (just peanut butter, with crispy shell).
    Personnaly I prefer the M&M's version. In a recent (ie this week) office poll - it was split about 50/50 on who preferred Reeces or M&Ms - so very much dependant on personal taste.

Either way... I would mind if either of them. Glad to hear they have (finally) made it to Aus.

Blacky

7. Corey Batt

Corey Batt Well-Known Member

Exactly the same.

I didn't know these existed. Bugger you @Blacky - some of us are trying to keep a healthy diet.

8. Blacky

Blacky Well-Known Member

I was trying to maintain a 'no processed sugar' diet, which I was doing really well at, until I met these little suckers.

The little crispy pieces of chocolate and peanut butter goodness are my ultimate downfall.

Blacky

Westminster likes this.
  9. SerenityNow

SerenityNow Well-Known Member

Chocolate is good for you (antioxidants)

My version of a healthy diet is to eat a bit of chocolate every day :cool:

Westminster likes this.
  10. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Very true - which is why I have a "replacement" policy for my online garlic ... Aust Post has a tendency to occasionally let it sit in their depot for anything up to a week, and if this happens I lodge a complaint and let the buyer know that if it arrives in "less than satisfactory" condition, I am happy to replace.

Never had this used yet - but happy to offer it

S.T, Gockie and EN710 like this.
  11. EN710

EN710 Well-Known Member

Those garlic are still perfectly tasty @Lizzie :p

Lizzie likes this.
  12. datto

datto Well-Known Member

When I visit the local fish n chip shop I usually find an extra potato scallop (or two) in my order.

I'm not sure if this is an act of kindness or whether the shop assistant can't count. Anyway I'm not complaining.

Lizzie, Ted Varrick and S.T like this.
  13. Ted Varrick

Ted Varrick Well-Known Member

datto likes this.
  14. Darlinghurst Boy

Darlinghurst Boy Well-Known Member

Customer Service is shocking now in Australia.
    This Generation dont seem to care.

15. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

There's some good coffee up there.
    The stuff from Kuranda is pretty good too.

16. Ezzo

Ezzo Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

HUGH72 and SerenityNow like this.
  17. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Good service is very much treating your customers like individuals ... and doing the little things.

Had an online customer put in an order for two varieties of garlic making 3/4 kg - with the associated two lots of postage - emailed and offered to send her a mixed 1kg (3 varieties), with one lot of postage for less and refund her the difference ... obviously she took up the offer, whereas I would've make more $$ left as is ... if I was a customer, I'd think that was good service

S.T, Gockie, EN710 and 1 other person like this.
  18. Ted Varrick

Ted Varrick Well-Known Member

Good on you, Lizzie. This is the kind of thing that makes business worthwhile.

I hope she contacted Manu, Pete, Jamie & Nigella (do you think we'll see her next week on MKR?) to give them the good oil?