Customer Service

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by balwoges, 30th Dec, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. balwoges

balwoges Well-Known Member

I mentioned in another thread that when I picked up my new car it sort of came sort of 'gift wrapped' balloons, champers/chocolates. This morning I received a parcel of 'smalls' which I had ordered online, it came wrapped in pink tissue with a pink card and 2 rose petals ...

I know its public relations and all that - but it works for me. Do you appreciate this kind of customer service, or maybe its a female thing :)

Xenia likes this.
  2. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

My sister sells wonsies on the internet... (body suits for older kids, esp for kids with autism)... she puts thought into her packaging.
    Her customers love her product... lots of word of mouth sales. If she sells in 1 country she finds she gets more sales from that country.
    And she has her facebook page... its all public relations. Doesn't cost a bomb but makes the customer happy.

http://www.wonsie.com.au

3. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

When I order my smalls I just want discreet credit card billing and packaging ;)

4. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Whenever I send a box of garlic - whether it be 1/2kg or 1/kg - nowadays I always include one of my wine pastes (for on cheese and are pretty awesome).

I don't know if this makes a difference or not, as don't get a lot of feedback about the "gift" product, but I do get a lot of repeat and referred customers.

5. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

These little 'extras' go a long way. A family friend was buying a wedding gift from one of the 'upmarket' department store many years ago (around mid- 80's ).

Very disappointed that the gift was not wrapped in silk (as to which they wete accustomed for wedding pressies - it wasn't an ironing board or a toaster).

These friends were in the habit of giving expensive gifts.

6. Xenia

Xenia Well-Known Member

I absolutely love that extra bit of service - and I love enthusiastic people irrespective of the product.

MTR and Gockie like this.
  7. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Like dinner with 5 star silver service - all meals brought to the table simultaneously with the dishes covered and revealed by the waiters.

Xenia and Gockie like this.
  8. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

We buy coffee from a place in Qld, and get 3kg each time - they always send us a bonus 500g bag of a different blend to try. We love it and adds the the experience, and does keep us coming back. The added touch does create loyalty, for sure.

Gockie likes this.
  9. SerenityNow

SerenityNow Well-Known Member

15% free coffee? Who are these people, I'm ordering from them right now!

Err, back to the question.
    @Gockie mentioned leaving free Tim-tams for her guests in another thread. If anyone gives me free Tim-Tams, I'm a fan for life! I know they're only $2.50, but I'm an emotional sucka. Also, the free Tim-Tams gift includes thought, the convenience of not having to go to a store to get it, and removal of the "don't buy unhealthy desserts" guilt.

I ordered $100 of stuff from an online store once, they gave me a free refill of a product worth $10 (ie not a cheap tchotchoke). I'll always keep ordering from this store from now on, even though they've got quite a few competitors. Within a few days of the free $10 gift, I went on to order another $300 worth of stuff.

I'm a total sucker for freebies. I think it's genetic.

Jess Peletier and Gockie like this.
  10. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

@SerenityNow Coffee works in Mareeba near Cairns. Best coffee! Worth a visit if you're in the area, we had a ball there. Even the kids loved it!

SerenityNow likes this.
  11. Blacky

Blacky Well-Known Member

Not so much customer service, but I think I sold my soul for a bag (or 4) of M&Ms.

We have a senior manager which no one really likes. I have clashed with her many times, and really dont have a lot of time for her.
    However, she recently returned and gave me 4x 500g bags of peanut butter M&Ms. We dont have them in Australia (yet) but I can tell you now - they are the bomb. You havent had chocolate till you have tried these little crispy peices of heaven on earth.
    Anyway. We are now all good and friends and have jokes and conversations not work related. I still dont like her, but are far more willing to tolerate her, given the future potential for more M&Ms.

Yes... I can be bought...and bought cheap.

Blacky

12. SerenityNow

SerenityNow Well-Known Member

Can you import these off ebay?

Chocolate is very important to me. Well worth selling your soul for.

Blacky likes this.
  13. Blacky

Blacky Well-Known Member

14. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

I love the gift product Lizzie :).

EN710 and Lizzie like this.
  15. wylie

I have to also say the I was horrified when hubby went for a trip without me one day to his sister (who is married to an Italian man). He packed up at least half of my "Lizzie's garlic" as a gift to them. He didn't realize it was so special and I had waited patiently for the harvest to get hold of it (but I know the recipients loved it).

Lizzie likes this.
  16. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

well - :D - the online store is still open and the Rojo de Castro has just gone up for sale (hot, spicy and sharp - stores for over 12 months in the fruit bowl) ... AND ... you get a free tub of wine based cheese platter paste complimentary with your garlic purchase! $8.60 worth of free gift (according to the St James Market ;))

Last edited: 1st Jan, 2016
  17. wylie

Heading to your website now Lizzie. We've just been visiting these people, and probably were eating your (gifted to them) garlic too :D.

Lizzie likes this.
  18. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

I really enjoyed the customer service experience in Sydney when I arrived back from NZ. Went to the Vodafone shop to put my Aust/Syd sim card back and the staff threw the paper clip to me and it was a 'self service' format. She went back to playing around in her computer.

19. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

Actually this example is a good gauge of how market expectations changes. The silver service model like this with cloches doesn't work in this country anymore and the more profitable fine dining restaurants which are of just as high as standard do not do this.

20. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

You can now get the reece's version of their peanut butter chocolates like m&ms, imo even better than the m&ms. Mightve bought some last night...

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia