Cumulus Air Park - Park Your Plane In The Back Yard

Discussion in 'Development' started by RPI, 8th Apr, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. RPI

RPI SDA Provider, Town Planner, Former Property Lawyer

Hi All

One of the more interesting developments we did the legals for has now registered. Cumulus Air Park between Gympie and Noosa. It is a land development but done as a community titles scheme as we needed to control the taxiways between the blocks. Basically you can land your plane at the airport and then taxi across to the hanger in your back yard.

Made for an interesting community management statement. Titles are registered for the first 9 blocks and 7 are for sale. there are another 60 odd to come in later stages.

I have an industrial version coming on board later in the year.

bob shovel, Terry_w and Whitecat like this.
  2. teetotal

teetotal Well-Known Member

Very innovative.
    Will serve to the niche market. I can see the riches buying these blocks.

3. Mooze

Mooze Well-Known Member

There was similar planned for Evans head for a while. Very popular in the US where all services are available onsite.

4. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Private pilots ? The US versions generally cater for single props through turboprops to very light jets or small jets such as LJs or gulfs. Far23 rules often restrict the aircraft type. 1400ft is a short runway for anything above a twin to comply (although no abort run off is needed under Far23). Far 25 small jets needs an extra km of black runway). Would think problem with Australia is a lack of licensed private pilots with a demand and that have the cash and who want to live in that part of the world and who have a small prop but not a small jet.

This could end up being a noisy park full of unregulated aircraft.

I like Jumbolair...Video here even shows Travolta's home and aircraft just after takeoff.

5. RPI

I didn't quite realise how much people pay to park their planes. These guys are getting $200 a week per plane to park in the hanger in their yard and it has 4 planes.

6. RPI