Cul de sac

Discussion in 'Development' started by Devvvy, 21st Jan, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Devvvy

Devvvy Well-Known Member

How long does a cul de sac have to be in order to have a turning circle at the end

2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Until it is no longer required or planned to become a through road when the next stage of the development is released.

3. Devvvy

Devvvy Well-Known Member

Thank you, what I meant was what length does a Cul de sac have to be in order to.have a turning circle.
    In some places it has to be over 110m in length. Sometimes there are cds without turning circles.
    What must it be in Victoria

4. Tufan Chakir

Tufan Chakir Well-Known Member

I don't believe there is a specified length - usually depends on allotment configurations. I'm not aware of a cut de sac that doesn't allow for vehicle turning in Vic. options though are a bowl, or T end - the latter allows for a 3 point turn

lixas4 likes this.
  5. lixas4

lixas4 Well-Known Member

I feel like ive read something at some stage about what you are talking about. It will be an engineering design standard, which makes it hard to find, as there are different sources of truth depending on which council you are in.

A lot of the councils have adopted the IDM (infrastructure design manual) which can be downloaded from here Infrastructure Design Manual | Local Government Infrastructure Design Association

I just had a very quick skim through but couldnt see it, maybe you might have more luck. Or you can have a chat with a design engineer who works on subdivisions, they should know.

Tufan Chakir likes this.