Crypto Cryptocurrencies.

Discussion in 'Other Asset Classes' started by Steven Ryan, 18th Jun, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justin_Z

Justin_Z Mortgage Broker Business Member

All the Aussie exchanges are a rip, wish we had something great like GDAX. E.g. Ether at $538 ($405 USD) on GDAX, BTC Markets is $630 ...Coinspots even worse.

2. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

Like i said to my son this morning, it’s very speculative and volatile. But at $16k a bitcoin I’m not complaining.

3. Propagate

Propagate Well-Known Member

Heard and interesting snippet this morning, haven't been able to find the data to corroborate but they said that the market cap of crypto was 150bn (over 200bn just now) and when the dot com bubble burst the dot com market capo was 6.9 trillion! So even if this dies on it's arse there's still plenty of potential in this bubble yet....

Same podcast last week also made the comment regarding whether people had missed the boat, they said something along the lines of the standard metric to define "early adopters" is said to me 2.5% of population, at the moment (sorry I forget the figure) but it was something along the lines of 0.025% of people are playing in crypto land. Once the big players get on board and once it becomes easy enough for gran & granddad to buy and sell in safety and confidence then who knows where crypto could go.

Gypsyblood likes this.
  4. Guest

Guest Guest

Market cap of crypto is around $450 billion at present: Cryptocurrency Market Capitalizations | CoinMarketCap
    Tech stocks peaked around $3 trillion: Dot.coms lose $1.755 trillion in market value - Nov. 9, 2000

Propagate and willair like this.
  5. Kesse

Kesse Well-Known Member

What I'm finding frustrating at the moment is the existing exchanges just don't have the infrastructure to deal with the surge in interest it would appear - even the international ones.

I've given up waiting on Coinspot to verify me. Also, after reading the comments on their FB page it left me with some concerns with their platform and overall stability. Ideally I would like to buy on a local exchange but that's not happening at the moment...

Yesterday I bit the bullet and bought a token amount of BTC on Coinbase and this morning bought up to the remainder of my piddly weekly deposit limit. I've transferred 70% of my BTC to Binance with the intent to buy cyrpto other than BTC, ETH and LTC. After reading ETA's etc saying the transaction should take less than 15 mins it's now been over 2 hours and my transfer is still pending. There seems to be quite a backlog on the chain at the moment. From my very basic understanding this is why I'm liking the sounds of Iota as it's next level blockchain / tangle.

* sigh *

6. Guest

Guest Guest

What I'm hoping to see from IOTA over coming weeks :D

[​IMG]

Erica and JK200SX like this.
  7. jprops

jprops Well-Known Member

Yep, im transfering from btcmarkets to coinspot. Been 4 hours and still unconfirmed

8. Alex Straker

Alex Straker Financial Life Coach Business Member

I'm afraid the public don't know the half of it....

Some brokers have also now shut down CFD trading on Cryptos I am guessing until the upcoming futures exchange has launched on 18th Dec. For example IC Markets will not let you place a trade on BTCUSD now, message comes up....'Trade is Disabled'

Some responsible brokers with good reputations such as Interactive brokers are issuing warnings about the volatility of the new futures contract.

Bitcoin could rise to $100,000 or more before crashing to zero, says Interactive's Peterffy

9. Justin_Z

Justin_Z Mortgage Broker Business Member

[​IMG]
    Meanwhile in BTC this week...

chylld, Propagate and Alex Straker like this.
  10. Kesse

Kesse Well-Known Member

Just got the phone call from Coinspot and am now fully verified.

Guest, hammer and Propagate like this.
  11. Propagate

Propagate Well-Known Member

Kesse likes this.
  12. hammer

hammer Well-Known Member

Yup. Buckle up!

Propagate and Kesse like this.
  13. Kesse

Kesse Well-Known Member

Cheers!

Though, I officially popped my cherry on Wednesday with Coinbase and Binance :D I think Coinspot will be more for the speccy 'gambles' where I'll put a few dollars here and there rather than the 'blue chip' long term hold purchases which I will need to start researching wallets now....

Edit: Ha, can't deposit until after midnight on Sunday! Unless I bpay which will take a few business days too. Lucky I'm a patient person....

14. JK200SX

JK200SX Well-Known Member

At the last pump a few days ago I could've consolidated 700% gain in 15 days (nice 10% deposit for a outer burbs house in Melb :) )
    Looks lie the same thing is happening now. Tempted to pull the Sell trigger (& buy at next dip), but looking at your graph above, it makes me wonder?

What do you guys think?

upload_2017-12-9_11-54-46.png

Last edited by a moderator: 10th Oct, 2021
  15. Guest

Guest Guest

As a current hodler I'm biased, but I think IOTA has the potential to surpass Bitcoin Cash in market cap (IOTA would need to double from here) and probably Ethereum (triple). That is if the crypto bubble remains alive long enough for it to gain enough traction.

My interest is in 'bags' (multiples of price, not buying and selling dips) and think IOTA's (advertised) superior features to other crypto platforms have a lot of potential. I may look to take some profit off the table once it has doubled from this price level.

Here is a chart I posted to Twitter this morning (bullish inverse head and shoulders setup):

[​IMG]

16. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

Back when I was a lad, bit coin was this

Attached Files:

chylld likes this.
  17. JK200SX

Well, if you’ve got one of them you’d be fairly rich by now. I don’t recall the mint making 1c pieces in 2006!

18. JK200SX

19. Danieljk101

Danieljk101 Well-Known Member

Bitcoin is just a marketing tool. The alt coins are where the fun is.. ;)

Attached Files:

20. mikey7

mikey7 Well-Known Member

This would be nice. I bought at the peak of the last up. Now i'm down like 20% in a day... lol. I bought for a long term hold though.. like most things in my life (PPOR, IP's, car.... wife).

Last edited by a moderator: 10th Oct, 2021
    Gypsyblood and Silverson like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.