Crypto Crypto News 2021

Discussion in 'Other Asset Classes' started by Piston_Broke, 1st Jan, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. chylld

chylld Well-Known Member

Ouga likes this.
  2. Ouga

Ouga Well-Known Member

"Trying is the first step towards failure" Homer
  3. Ouga

Ouga Well-Known Member

Next, a US based Bitcoin ETF, probably within a year or so I would think.
    Next, an ETH ETF?
    Grayscale has been gabbling up heaps of ETH since they have re-opened the fund.
    BNB has been pumping hard, I don't know how long it'll last but would not be surprised to see bags getting moved to ETH.
    Gas fees are really killing ETH at the moment though, but once a layer 2 solution comes out, rockets under ether will be coming.

Not advice in any way.

4. Ouga

Ouga Well-Known Member

The latest ETH dev call details plans for the Berlin hardfork with a target date of 14th April.
    The propositions include solutions with reduction in gas fees.
    Not a be all solution, but hopefully a significant improvement towards reducing gas costs.
    Ethereum 2.0 can't come soon enough.

Perky29 likes this.
  5. Perky29

Perky29 Well-Known Member

Yes, bring on ETH 2.
    Haven't worked out what is the safest / best option to stake my 32 ETH yet. Bought most of our ETH mid last year in preparation for staking.
    Who knows where ETH will be in 5 years, it might just be a nice little source of retirement income on top of our properties.

Ouga likes this.
  6. Ouga

Ouga Well-Known Member

It’s good you have the 32 ETH, gives you options for when staking is deployed on 2.0.
    Hopefully this happens sometime soonish, but the miners aren’t too happy with this obviously and are festing on tx fees right now.

Perky29 likes this.
  7. Onyx_OCAU

Onyx_OCAU Well-Known Member

Hope everyone's had good crypto growth in their portfolios this weekend. BTC went on a meteoric rise. It touched $74k today. All the altcoins got dragged along for a ride with it.

I rented an AirBNB place on the waterfront to chill and trade crypto this weekend. Was kept awake throughout the night making money. The end of my weekend I ended up consuming copious amounts of alcohol, good food; and with more money in the bank than when I had started the weekend with - even after paying for the accomodation, food, booze and all.

8. chylld

chylld Well-Known Member

that's one way to do it!
    personally i prefer to earn money while I sleep. my Uniswap position grew by 43% on the back of the imminent V3 release and maybe people realising Binance Smart Chain (BSC) isn't all that great after all

9. chylld

chylld Well-Known Member

One of my friends has staked 288 eth... I thought he just chose an auspicious number, but turns out you have to stake in multiples of 32.

Ouga likes this.
  10. Perky29

Perky29 Well-Known Member

Wow, imagine having 288. Good luck to them!
    Speaking of Uniswap. I spent days trying to figure out why I was having issues swapping from one crypto to another recently - I have used it many times before.
    Worked out you need to have a small amount of ETH in your wallet (MEW) so it uses the ETH to transact ( I recently sold out of some ETH to buy BNT). A "der" moment I thought I might share...

Ouga and chylld like this.
  11. chylld

chylld Well-Known Member

Likewise! I first tested Uniswap with my empty MEW wallet, deposited some token and tried to swap and it failed. Later used Uniswap with my Ledger and did a few transactions but started worrying about why my ETH total wasn't matching up with my records... a-ha :rolleyes:

Ouga and Perky29 like this.
  12. Ouga

Ouga Well-Known Member

A very interesting & insightful take on how the upcoming EIP-1559 Ethereum proposition might play out:

Miners will accept EIP-1559, here is why - Deribit Insights

really hoping this gets implemented

13. DanW

DanW Well-Known Member

Saw that, and the replies.
    This year Eth miners have made more money than the last 3 years combined. They've never had it so good, DEFI created mega demand to use the blockchain.

Yesterday metamask quoted me $200usd gas just to deposit USDC into a vault, had to reject it.. Can't wait for April. Just hope projects don't switch over to scammy BSC instead

Ouga likes this.
  14. Ouga

Ouga Well-Known Member

Agree.
    There are more and more layer 2 solutions being deployed at the app level, so hopefully that helps, but still this needs to be implemented ASAP and hopefully the miners can see that it is in their best interest to keep users on the network.

BSC is entirely centralised, it’s a joke! 21 nodes are you kidding me?!
    Could actually be subject to SEC scrutiny in the US I reckon.

15. Ouga

Ouga Well-Known Member

do you have a link for the replies? Have not read any, would be interesting to hear what the miners have to say

16. DanW

DanW Well-Known Member

Deribit quoted this one on https://mobile.twitter.com/hasufl/status/1363843029568733189

One of the replies had a GIF with a shaking fist lol. Miners so greedy, $1bn in revenue for Feb Ethereum mining’s monthly revenue reaches all time high over $1 billion in February

So you're not tempted to farm BSC Goose/Egg for 3000% APY? Surely that's a safe and sustainable yield and can't be a ponzi scheme

Ouga likes this.
  17. chylld

chylld Well-Known Member

Big bombshell for Ripple/XRP in the pretrial hearing last night: a large exchange asked the SEC in 2019 if they were allowed to continue to sell XRP (they can't if it's a security)... and the SEC didn't tell them to stop. Apparently from a legal standpoint, this is a big problem for the SEC's case (skip to 6:15) :

Toon likes this.
  18. Vertigo

Vertigo Well-Known Member

there will be longs looking to take profit at 60k, so look like the liquidation is going to start now

Pier1 likes this.
  19. DanW

DanW Well-Known Member

There's no way it's pumping up to 60k today, its still trending down for the short term, still below 50k.

20. Vertigo

Vertigo Well-Known Member

that was my point