Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community

CRM Software

Discussion in 'Small Business' started by Redwood, 7th Jul, 2016.

1. Redwood

Redwood Well-Known Member

22nd Jun, 2015
    Hi guys

I'm looking into CRM software as marketing is something my business needs to improve. We have the right tools just need to get better. Currently and recently, Mailchimp has been pretty good, however want to move into a better way of engaging with clients and especially following up leads, of course security of data is key. Around a year ago my guys looked at it and salesforce and infusionsoft were the big players and with a pricetag attached.....another simple thing is a reminder tool for our wonderful clients birthdays i.e. text to say happy b'day - anyone got a good tool for this or built within your crm?

What are you using and how is it working for you?

FYI our business is Super (SMSF) - Finance - Property - Financial Planning....

Look forward to hearing from y'alll

Cheers Ivan
  2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

3rd Jun, 2015
    Insightly gets good reviews - #1 Free CRM for Small Business: Online Customer Relationship Software ... but there were a couple of things it couldn't do that I needed (specifically around handling multiple brands / email domains), so I gave up after only a few hours of my free trial. I'd suggest giving it a try anyway - it's pretty cheap I think and may do what you need. The UI was pretty slick from what I saw - if my business was more simple than it is, I would give it more of a trial.

I ended up going with - – Stop logging calls and emails and start making them instead. ... it's much more focused on inhouse sales teams (using VoIP and email) rather than a generic small business CRM and is missing a lot of the other functionality you might be looking for - but I mostly just use it for email, so it suits my needs (and works really really well for email integration - the best I found out of any of the systems I trialled).

My CRM needs are very specific, so what I found worked for me isn't what works for many service based SMBs.

Some links to help (or make things worse!)

Best CRM Software in 2016 | G2 Crowd

Other CRMs I've seen fairly good reviews of are:
    JohnPropChat likes this.
  3. ross100

ross100 Well-Known Member

18th Jun, 2015
    try Goldmine bit cheaper then Salesforce
  4. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

20th Jun, 2015
    Microsoft Dynamics...cheaper entry price than a good enough for most smb's. Azure hosting of dynamics is in sydney. Dunno if sfdc has hosting in Australia- I think they used to be in Singapore/japan..
  5. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

15th Jun, 2015
    Hubspot CRM rated well in the link Sim gave for CRM software. We've been using it and find it very good for our needs. However, as a startup, our needs are not complex; and the pricetag really suits. It's free for as many users as you want.