NSW Critique my FHB

Discussion in 'Property Analysis' started by Ash_au, 15th Aug, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Ash_au

Ash_au New Member

Hi fellow property gurus,

I just purchased my first home with plan to be my ppor but in future rent out.

https://m.realestate.com.au/property-house-nsw-north+nowra-136789978

I'm curious for opinions on the buy and if there is anything you would do to add value or function or style?

I'm yet to move so looking for inspiration now and future.

Thank you kindly

2. skater

skater Well-Known Member

Congratulations! It looks like a nice home.

3. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

I would not have a weber on the deck. If you put some aluminium checkerplate down underneath it, maybe. Maybe something out back for sun ? Not a full pergola but shade sail ? Bifold doors in due course to the deck ? Is that even a deck ? I dont see any gaps between boards ? If its ceramic tile it looks fantastic.

Nice property. Perhaps consider double awning width carport at front and then recycle use of single garage into something more functional with a false floor and close off the garage door etc although its not under roof line so depend on what style roof it has. Unless you own a smart car you cant put a car into a skinny single anyway.

4. Ash_au

Ash_au New Member

Thank you!!! I'm thrilled!

5. Ash_au

Ash_au New Member

I think the weber was just for photo purposes - I can have a bbq on the side.

Yes, I thinking it is wood decking just panted.

I would love a more open double doors into the yard!

Those are all really great ideas!! I like the concept of the double garage and converting the existing! Makes a lot of sense. I will look into this

6. Melburnian007

Melburnian007 Well-Known Member

Congratulations on your new home, I love it!

One of the cheapest and quickest ways to make a house into a stunning home is paying attention your garden. Plant lots and lots of fruit trees (dwarf varieties of your favourite fruits); fragrant perennial flowering trees/bulbs; . Make the view out of every room in your new home equally stunning. Cover the fences with some beautiful creepers (e.g. jasmine, japanese honeysuckle).

I got most of my fruit trees and a few flowering plants practically for free (house demolitions). FB marketplace and gumtree are also great places to score a few bargains.

Happy to pm you a link to pictures of my garden for inspiration :)

7. John_BridgeToBricks

John_BridgeToBricks Buyer's Agent Business Member

Congratulations! Looks lovely.