QLD Crestmead Logistics Estate - new industrial development in QLD

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by virhlpool, 22nd Nov, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. virhlpool

virhlpool Well-Known Member

Do you reckon this development will have any positive impact on Crestmead and surrounding suburbs in Logan? It looks like a pretty significant investment and huge potential for new jobs creation, with stage 1 already underway.

I spoke with a couple of agents in the area and they are saying that most of the buyers in the region at present are up for PPOR (e.g. First Home Buyers) and there are hardly any investors, which is totally contrary to the traditional mix of the buyers in the area. Not sure if this development is a reason for this.

I am keen to hear views of people from the region and the others aware of the local market.

Huge $1.5 billion Crestmead industrial estate to be developed over five years

Last edited: 22nd Nov, 2020
  2. Rich2011

Rich2011 Well-Known Member

Have you purchased in Crestmead already or looking to buy there?

3. virhlpool

virhlpool Well-Known Member

I hold one there for about 3-4 years and hence curious to hear views from the locals; also from the future investment perspective if at all it makes sense (as a result of this development). Generally there hasn't been much price growth in this region but the current market seems good.

4. Rich2011

Rich2011 Well-Known Member

I can't see the development making a huge difference in the short term, long term once it's fully completed it might help suburbs like Crestmead.

5. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

I'd imagine the growth created by that development would be somewhat offset by the huge developments around Logan Reserve and Park Ridge. That said, the brand new homes there are currently $450k+ and that'll only go up, so a $300k home in Crestmead looks pretty good. Hopefully they all start to get dragged up as the area gets busier.

6. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Who has bought into the logistics centre and who are the anchor tenants on what terms?

If there are some major players in there eg: Dexus, Stocklands, Charterhall, Investa etc - they are all long term lessors/developers.

Who have they leased to? Linfox/Woolies/ColesAus Post/Startrack/Cold Stores etc?

These are all big users and will require smaller support services however without more info of what is going in, it becomes a difficult to make a judgement call.

7. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

One of the things holding these areas back is the perception of lack of employment. As far as i can see that is a key element that is changing - employment in the area is rising. These estates i think should be seen as smaller elements of a more widespread change as the region 'grows up' from dormitory suburbs on the fringe to a more vibrant self sustaining region.

I think that can be seen at the Gold Coast, and the Logan area is following suit.

Sunnyday likes this.
  8. Coastal

Coastal Well-Known Member

Stock seems to be selling fast around crestmead marsden aress.

9. momentum26

momentum26 Well-Known Member

Sharing a comparison I received in email house sales in Jun 2020 vs Jun 2021 for Crestmead.

Attached Files:

wilso8948 likes this.