Credit card debt

Discussion in 'Money Management & Banking' started by boron, 12th Oct, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. boron

boron New Member

I have some physical disabilities from birth. I worked for a company for 33 years. But i had to quit my job due to health reasons because of my disabilities and i am on the DSP. I have some credit card debt on on three credit cards. The providers put me on the hardship program and lowered the payment amounts. However i am still struggling with day to day living expenses and bills. Can i ask the providers to lower the payments further? I also want to pay out two cards using financial hardship from my super. I would like to know how i should negotiate on a payout figure as i believe you can negotiate with them and you don't have to pay the total amount. The two cards are $7000 and $4000
    Any advice will be most helpful.

I have also tried some of those companies that negotiate with the providers on your behalf but i don't qualify as i am unemployed.

2 people like this.
  2. twisted strategies

twisted strategies Well-Known Member

have you maxed out your allowances from Centrelink

stuff like rent-assistance , taxi-vouchers to medical appointments , and making sure you got the safety net with your meds

( i would be in a little stress if not for medicare and PBS picking up many of the health costs )

i never got into debt so have no experiences on how to struggle out , but trimming your current expenses might help

check if Centre-link will give you a special deal on your phone , as well ( i assume you need it in case of medical emergencies

cheers

i hope you get some good advice