Crash looming

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by hash_investor, 30th May, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. hash_investor

hash_investor Well-Known Member

2. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

3. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Always take some profits off the table, you never know when the market will correct, what goes up eventually goes down. If you mitigate the risk then you have covered your at$se

MTR:)

Mooze and Sackie like this.
  4. Invest_noob

Invest_noob Well-Known Member

5. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Too much debt and interest rates rising. Corrections sort out the investors from the amateurs. No offence intended, but there are plenty of people who simply ignore market conditions and think they can continue making money.

Kasi and Perthguy like this.
  6. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

One of their advisers is gerald minack, who has been beating the crash drum for a while. Google minack property crash.

Perthguy likes this.
  7. bumskins

bumskins Well-Known Member

Too be fair pretty much all fund managers bring it up, if not in public then definitely in their investor briefings and roadshows.

8. zlatan9

zlatan9 Well-Known Member

wonder if funds managers' announcements also coincide with them buying up after the announcement.

datto likes this.
  9. datto

datto Well-Known Member

If the markets do implode, there are going to be a lot of people posting on forums stating "I told you so" and rubbing it in. I can just picture them punching the air when it happens lol.

Colin Rice, Pentanol, JL1 and 3 others like this.
  10. highlighter

highlighter Well-Known Member

A disproportionate number of those people will probably be jobless younguns who'll be hit hardest by the resulting recession, so there's that.

11. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

If and when it happens, sometimes those losing money just stop posting, have seen some long posters vanish

ej89, JL1, 2FAST4U and 1 other person like this.
  12. datto

datto Well-Known Member

Work for the dole will be extended to weekends lol.

ej89 and highlighter like this.
  13. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Maybe they just decided to sell out and enjoy their spoils while also exiting the PC addiction (guilty myself) and are enjoying martinis on the beach with their smashed avo on rye. :p

Eric Wu, ellejay, wylie and 2 others like this.
  14. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Or got banned permanently:p

datto likes this.
  15. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Yes. Most likely.:D

MTR likes this.
  16. Propertunity

Propertunity Well-Known Member

Just as well we did not listen to this bubble cr@p that was being sprouted for as far back as I can remember. Here's some posts on the old SS forum from 2011.
    House bubble to burst - 40%? SERIOUSLY

Perthguy likes this.
  17. bumskins

bumskins Well-Known Member

Lot of water under the bridge since then, and have had big moves on asset prices. I think back then it was just a vocal minority making all the noise.

I do find it interesting that while not being vocal and making public statements, it's starting to become a constant theme/concern at investor briefs.

That being said, it doesnt mean sell everything. Just re-weight your exposure and look at LVR's. Personally I think now is a good time to increase international exposure.

datto and Kasi like this.
  18. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

It just goes on and on, doesn't it. Say you wrote a book a couple of years ago claiming the property market would crash by the end of 2017. It doesn't. So in 2018, you publish a new book: Why the Property Market didn't crash and why it still will. Just claim the market will crash by 2020. In 2021 publish a new book etc. It's a job for life, isn't it?

zac101, Francesco, charttv and 6 others like this.
  19. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

I rather take my chances investing carefully and wisely with risk in mind than to live in fear of endless crashes and take little to no action.

What they don't say is what surprise is waiting for most people at the end of retirement after slogging all their lives . The fear of endless 'crashes' seems quite redundant given that retirement outlook.

Just my 2 cents.

20. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

I think a lot get sick of forums, after a while you get nothing, then is only a matter of time before it becomes boring- esp if the moderation is not right or must be strict on topic.

Same with property, when it is boring and not doing much other things take the interest, I have been involved in many forums and grass roots movements, once they take off, or get boring, you find something else, of course you can come back, but many ways of communication via the net also died, I used to have, be on and admin many mail lists, web boards slowly took over, but then many of them slowly died too when companies wound up or those running it got sick of it.