COVID vaccination poll - July 2021

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by Simon Hampel, 21st Jul, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
?

Have you received your COVID vaccines yet?

Poll closed 28th Jul, 2021.
  1. I am fully vaccinated

37 vote(s)
    38.9%
  2. I am partially vaccinated - waiting for my second dose

32 vote(s)
    33.7%
  3. I have a booking for my first dose

11 vote(s)
    11.6%
  4. I'm keen, but not yet eligible for the vaccine I want

3 vote(s)
    3.2%
  5. I can't get vaccinated for health reasons

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. I'm undecided about whether I will get vaccinated

5 vote(s)
    5.3%
  7. I'm not going to get vaccinated

7 vote(s)
    7.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lindsay_W

Lindsay_W Well-Known Member

You can elect to get the AZ vaccine though - use the eligibility checker, select YES to consenting to the AZ vaccine, it will then show you where you can book to receive it. Unless your GP gave you a specific reason regarding your health not to get the AZ vaccine.

As a side note I received junk mail in my letter box this week warning people to NOT get the vaccine, listing all the conspiracy theories on it as reasons to not get it.

Last edited: 22nd Jul, 2021
  2. Colin Rice

Colin Rice Mortgage Broker Business Member

I'm waiting for my GF to be the guinea pig lol.

3. Firefly99

Firefly99 Well-Known Member

Oh wow. That’s great :) it must have changed since I went to my GP. Qld Health need to update their website!

Lindsay_W likes this.
  4. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

Wow... who issued the junk mail, or was there no indication who paid for that to be printed and delivered?

5. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Good idea
    Let us know how she goes;):p

6. Lindsay_W

Lindsay_W Well-Known Member

Didn't have any identifying details on it - links to lots of crack pot websites though, some Australian based others US based.
    It is titled "15 essential questions to ask yourself during Covid"
    Double sided colour print on glossy paper

SatayKing likes this.
  7. FredBear

FredBear Well-Known Member

I'm fully pfizered - so are my wife and children. We also have the EU digital covid certificates, plus the paper "covid passport" version.

Stoffo and Lizzie like this.
  8. SatayKing

SatayKing Well-Known Member

I hope you kept it for emergency use in case of a TP shortage. :eek:

kierank and Lindsay_W like this.
  9. Scaphella

Scaphella Well-Known Member

Oh great, just what we need, another thread about covid. Time to consolidate them all … :p

MTR likes this.
  10. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Yep

I was going to PM Simon and kindly ask if he could do something to fine tune this ……as its no longer a property forum. Not sure what it has become.

The forum is lost in this covid stuff….. its lost its way, lost the spirit of what a property forum should be. Same old same, never ends. Sad

Its such a shame, I hope Simon can see this is impacting on quality of forum

We stopped Trump threads for this reason. Should do same with covid threads

Scaphella likes this.
  11. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

I spend a lot of time keeping these threads on track (this one has drifted off topic in the time that I've been away from the computer today) and consolidating the discussions.

I also moved most of the COVID discussions (with the exception of one about economics and one about politics) to a single forum topic to make it easier to keep track of them all.

I'm not especially interested in a growth in the number of threads on this topic - it makes more work for me given that I need to read every one of them to ensure they remain on topic and aren't spreading misinformation or conspiracy theories (which are against forum guidelines).

I will run some regular polls - but these are generally intended to be short-lived threads and not proxies for other threads on the topic.

Angel likes this.
  12. Scaphella

Some people on this forum are frothing at the mouth from enjoying talking about the vaccines everyday …it’s quite bizarre…is this a working from home thing? surely 1 thread is enough.

MTR likes this.
  13. Simon Hampel

Since the beginning of 2020, there have been nearly 250,000 posts made on the site ... and in that same period just over 17,000 posts made in COVID threads.

There's plenty of property related discussion happening if you care to look for it!

Lizzie and wylie like this.
  14. Simon Hampel

Given it's arguably the most important thing in the world right now - getting as many people around the world vaccinated as quickly as possible possible so we can open back up - I don't think it's bizarre at all.

Marg4000, Lizzie and wylie like this.
  15. Scaphella

the threads have become about lecturing anyone who goes against the grain and you know it

MTR likes this.
  16. Simon Hampel

These threads have become about lecturing anyone who refutes the scientific data and expert opinion and is more interested in their own wellbeing than that of anyone else - and you know it.

If you don't like the way I run my site, you are welcome to complain about how unfair your life is on your prefered social media platform.

Otherwise, I suggest you stick to the property discussions you presumably came here for.

17. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

OK. Thx

Still a lot of posts on one topic

How does it compare to those Trump threads, in terms of stats and work to manage this?

I recall you decided to ban these Trump threads due to the work required to manage/monitor. I expect same deal with covid threads

Seems so much information on covid on PC that can not be verified and in turn impacts on quality, regardless of point of view.

PC is such a great forum, resource. But would be great to get back to our roots…..

Last edited: 22nd Jul, 2021
  18. Simon Hampel

Trump would not be anywhere near as much - mostly because I did ban the threads.

Trump was only peripherally important to us in Australia - as much as he generated a lot of airtime in the news, for the most part it did not directly affect us.

COVID is the most dramatic event to affect us probably since WWII. It has impacted on literally everyone in the world and will continue to do so for some time. It is an incredibly important topic.

I only ever post data that I can find verifiable facts to back it up - indeed I built a website (VirusChat) to help me track some of that data - which is why I get frustrated with some posters who resort to making posts full of hyperbole.

Some of the data coming from other countries may be questionable due to differences in reporting and other factors (eg not testing enough) - but I absolutely trust the data we generate here in Australia, which is the important stuff to us anyway.

The roots are still there are generating more discussion than they have at any time in the site's history. I don't get why people are complaining about COVID threads dominating - there has never been more property related discussion on PropertyChat as there is right now.

Joynz, George Smiley and Lizzie like this.
  19. Propin

Propin Well-Known Member

The booking system is a joke and scomo contracted it out to private enterprise for millions of $$$. After several phone calls and online bookings I finally got someone to accept me for an appointment. Some places are not taking new clients, my DR surgery is only offering AZ. Govt site isn’t working.

Attached Files:

20. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

This is a poll conducted in April, says alot

Essential poll: fewer than 50% of over-50s willing to get AstraZeneca vaccine

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.