COVID vaccination poll - July 2021

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by Simon Hampel, 21st Jul, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
?

Have you received your COVID vaccines yet?

Poll closed 28th Jul, 2021.
  1. I am fully vaccinated

37 vote(s)
    38.9%
  2. I am partially vaccinated - waiting for my second dose

32 vote(s)
    33.7%
  3. I have a booking for my first dose

11 vote(s)
    11.6%
  4. I'm keen, but not yet eligible for the vaccine I want

3 vote(s)
    3.2%
  5. I can't get vaccinated for health reasons

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. I'm undecided about whether I will get vaccinated

5 vote(s)
    5.3%
  7. I'm not going to get vaccinated

7 vote(s)
    7.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

I thought it would be interesting to see how many people are vaccinated here on PropertyChat.

Terry_w likes this.
  2. Simon Hampel

Just to be clear - I have no intention of ridiculing or chastising anyone who chooses not to get vaccinated. At the end of the day, it is voluntary and entirely your choice.

I would still encourage everyone to get vaccinated - and I will fight vigorously against people posting vaccine mis-information. But at the end of the day - if you choose not to get vaccinated, that's entirely up to you.

Gockie, Phoenix Pete, inertia and 5 others like this.
  3. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

I can see a 2 speed opening up happening where vaccinated can do more than non-vaccinated.

For example going to 'events'.

He who hesitates is stopped.

4. Firefly99

Firefly99 Well-Known Member

I think you should add another option for ‘I’m keen but not yet eligible’ for those under 40 in some states who are not yet eligible for either AZ of Pfizer. Which would have been me if I didn’t jump in and get Pfizer during the 10 day period that it was made edible for anyone over 16 in Qld.

5. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

If I answer the poll today, it will be a different answer from answering tomorrow. (I'm getting the second jab in a few hours).

I think you will find that they use a needle. It's not edible ;-)

boganfromlogan, Terry_w and Firefly99 like this.
  6. Firefly99

Tasty stuff !!

boganfromlogan likes this.
  7. Simon Hampel

That's what the "I'm keen, but not yet eligible for the vaccine I want" option was intended for.

It was originally simply "I'm keen, but not yet eligible" ... but then I remembered that AZ is now generally available to most people if they consult their GP - but they might be reluctant to get that, which is fair enough.

8. Big A

Big A Well-Known Member

I am having a strange case of mixed emotions with taking this vaccine. I take my flu vaccine every year and have already done so this year.

I have always said I will take the vaccine, but have been of the mindset of lets wait to see how it goes before I rush in. With this current outbreak I figured it might be time to start looking at making a booking. Last night I jumped online and looked around for local GP options for Pfizer I quickly realized that it was not easy getting a spot any time soon. Soonest I found was 2 months away.

Up until now I was in no rush, but funnily enough knowing I cant get it sooner made me want it earlier. FOMO. o_O This morning I jumped back online and looked for locations that I might be able to get in sooner. Found one. Now I am booked in for my first shot in 2 weeks time. Now it feels too soon. :confused:

This virus, the measures taken to manage it and the vaccine has taken the world on a rollercoaster of emotions and wild debates. The mixed messaging from the media, politicians and every other expert and wanna be expert has really made it hard for the most rational of people to feel comfortable with their decision regardless of what we decide.

The Y-man, KBHV, Firefly99 and 3 others like this.
  9. moridog

moridog Well-Known Member

Please remember that, as long as you are over 18 you can access the AZ vaccine, just book in. Not a debate, just a comment when I hear people swearing black and blue they cannot access vaccine when they mean the vaccine of their choice.

skater, wylie, Shogun and 1 other person like this.
  10. PropDir

PropDir Well-Known Member Business Member

I rang my GP and they said they can't offer it to me because I am just below the 40 age bracket.

However I believe the vaccine is being offered by hospitals so I am going to schedule it in soon at one of them.

Big A likes this.
  11. Big A

Big A Well-Known Member

Well aware of AZ being easily available. But since I felt based on the information I have that Pfizer was the better option for me and this was re affirmed by my GP, that is the vaccine I was looking for.

MTR likes this.
  12. Big A

Big A Well-Known Member

I am over 40 but ended up going through the local hospital as that was available sooner.

13. moridog

In WA anyone over 18 can book into the vacc clinic and receive a vaccine, not the vaccine they might choose but nonetheless a safe, proven, vaccine which has passed all TGA and ATAGI requirements. I completely understand if people prefer to wait for the vaccine of their choice. How incredibly fortunate are we to have choices. How good is ‘Straya!

Lizzie and Lindsay_W like this.
  14. inertia

inertia Well-Known Member

Not only am I fully vaccinated, I have "optimal protection" - yesterday made it 2 weeks since my second pfizer jab.

Where's my vax passport?

wylie likes this.
  15. Simon Hampel

inertia likes this.
  16. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

I also was glad I had to wait to get it. I thought I'd watch and wait. But now I've had first AZ and seen that the risk is about the same for Pfizer (but not published it seems) I'm glad I had AZ.

kierank and Marg4000 like this.
  17. Firefly99

You are not eligible for vaccination in Qld if you are under 40 (unless you’re in a risk category). If this is not true then Qld Health need to provide better messaging as it has been the message received - my GP wouldn’t give me AZ or offer any way to get vaccinated aside from waiting my turn.

Straight from the Qld Heath website.

Attached Files:

Last edited: 22nd Jul, 2021
  18. moridog

I’m sure people are already aware but your vaccinations are automatically uploaded to the AIR which, if you have a MyGov account linked to Medicare you can print your record on a very official looking document. As an aside when I looked at my teenagers record it is already on page 2. Given my age, my record is sparse by comparison. The electronic records are certainly much more sophisticated than the book we used to clutch at the infant health centre ( but not as good a keepsake).

19. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

The leaflet I got showing how to print a statement also says we can add this proof of vaccination to our phones, which I'll do for both of us in 8 more days. :)

ChrisP73 likes this.
  20. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

I think instead of vaccinating the 40-50 group as priority, they should have prioritised people whose work is out in the community to get vaccinated. My partner and I can both work from home so we have minimal contact with others. We both have had our first vaccination, and people 40-50 are generally responsible and are less likely to throw parties/events flaunting Government rules etc than the under 40’s crowd in general (PC members/readers are excluded…)

But hindsight is a thing….

Hetty likes this.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.