Covid and face masks??

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by Gockie, 29th Mar, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. noomi_nooma

noomi_nooma Well-Known Member

Police are doing a great job in Melbourne. I don’t believe your comment above speaks for the majority of Melbourne residents.

spludgey, kierank, Lizzie and 4 others like this.
  2. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Only talking about this incident

3. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

Not from your previous post, which talked about policing on a few levels.

kierank, Melbourne_guy, wylie and 2 others like this.
  4. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Well if people just damn well did what was asked if them ... to protect others and reduce the severity and length of this outbreak ... they wouldn't need policing

I think you're in a minority here. Most people feel Andrews had done a good job

spludgey, kierank, Bunbury and 3 others like this.
  5. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

No. As usual you make sweeping statements then deny when pulled up. Can't have it both ways

spludgey and kierank like this.
  6. skater

skater Well-Known Member

I agree. Although I'm sitting here in NSW & not having to deal with hard lockdown's, I see the stupidity of people like the person in the attached video and shake my head with the selfishness of them, and see them get away with it again & again. This disease needs to be under control & we can't do it if you get some clowns walking about doing the wrong thing. I honestly thing the police have been too soft on many of those that don't want to do what is right. Arrest them all! Give them some hefty fines! Not just a slap & release.

7. skater

skater Well-Known Member

I'm not a fan of Andrews, but with this issue, he's doing the right thing.

8. geoffw

The person who didn't wear the mask did have a medical exemption. But instead of stating this, she gave police the finger. Police were not to know she had an exemption.

But the response from police was, in this case, out of proportion to the situation. The police probably acted from anger out of having to deal with such people all the time, but to grab her by the neck and out her to the ground was taking things too far.

She did resist strongly, but there was another police member there who could have helped.

9. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

Grabbed by the throat seems OTT, but further into the clip it was said by someone that both she and the boyfriend were not wearing masks the day before. Seems to me to be someone taunting police and seeing how far it will go. Trying "a Karen".

And why, when approached, not just say "I have an exemption". Giving a cop the finger isn't going to end well. Saying she had an exemption would have avoided the whole escalation.

10. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Be interesting to see how this pans out in Melbourne

Speaking to a few people on the ground and many not happy vegemites
    As scomo said voters will decide

Lets hope they get this under control, the longer it goes on you will see further divide

You can say Andy is doing a great job, but it means zip, if numbers continue and economy is a basket case

Last edited: 12th Aug, 2020
  11. Bunbury

Bunbury Well-Known Member

She takes a swing at the policeman at :03 and then she kicks both officers. The police were not excessive. Attacks on police are an attack on us all and these anarchists were looking for trouble.

noomi_nooma, kierank, skater and 4 others like this.
  12. geoffw

This definition appears relevant
    Screenshot_2020-08-12-09-53-00-91.jpg

13. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

14. Melbourne_guy

Melbourne_guy Well-Known Member

Not from me do I think he is doing a good job but neither am I going to lambaste him for everything that has happened. He asked for people to be quarantined in a secure hotel - there are many highly paid Head of Dept State Govt officials who should have better implemented that. These are the people who should be in fear of their position over that debacle. I'm not expecting Dan to be sitting at the end of the corridor enforcing it. Allowing people diagnosed with coronavirus out of isolation to exercise, a lack of general enforcement, failure to put in place measures for people who refused to test..he has done some good but there are lots more where he has been very disappointing. I won't fault his effort either, one look at him demonstrates how draining it is on him but overall he doesn't get pass marks from me.

Price Accounting provide investor + developer tax services world and Australia wide for your property and all tax issues. Contact Paul@PFI below for our new client pack and quoted pricing + client portal access. Trusts, Co and SMSF are our specialty.