COVID-19 vaccines & treatments 2022

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by geoffw, 1st Jan, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

I hadn't looked at the Oz vaccine rates for awhile and was surprised to see that QLD seems to have slowed down in the vax rates. I thought it would be surging at the moment with high levels of cases.

WA is now at
    First Dosage 98.2 (this is 12+)
    Second Dose 93.8 (12+)
    Booster/3rd Dose 46.8% (16+)

I'm not sure why they are counting 16+ on boosters seeing as it was only available for 18+ up until today.

WA is about to (or has) overtake NSW in booster percentages which I never thought would happen.

Guardian uses slightly different data points but their comparison

State 16+ second dose % 12+ second dose % 5-11 first dose % Booster 18+ %
    NSW 94.12 93.26 44.15 45.6
    VIC 93.08 92.62 50.45 46.96
    QLD 90.08 88.78 40.11 40.5
    WA 92.93 91.47 40.24 45.8
    SA 91.19 90.27 50.1 46.28
    TAS 96.84 95.77 59.22 45.55
    NT 87.5 86.53 45.3 39.83
    ACT 100.13 100.2 74.21 58.69
    AUS 93.81 92.88 45.97 46.7

Attached Files:

Lizzie likes this.
  2. SatayKing

SatayKing Well-Known Member

The darn virus isn't giving up at all.

"Resistance Mutations in SARS-CoV-2 Delta Variant after Sotrovimab Use

These data show the persistence of viable SARS-CoV-2 in patients after sotrovimab infusions and the rapid development of spike gene mutations associated with high-level sotrovimab resistance in vitro."

Resistance Mutations in SARS-CoV-2 Delta Variant after Sotrovimab Use | NEJM

Shazz@ likes this.
  3. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

Lizzie likes this.
  4. SatayKing

I don't know if this recruitment drive is still open but nevertheless her is the link.

"This study will be looking at two different vaccines for prevention of COVID-19 infection. Both vaccines are locally made in Australia.

The vaccines are a recombinant protein vaccine (similar to the Novavax vaccine) and an mRNA vaccine (similar to Pfizer or Moderna COVID-19 vaccines).

We are recruiting participants who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. This includes having received a third booster vaccination. You may still be eligible even if you have previously had COVID-19 infection."

Phase I study of two second generation COVID-19 variant vaccines | Doherty Website

Gockie likes this.
  5. jaybean

jaybean Well-Known Member

Id totally be up for this but busy as hell

6. SatayKing

Rolled up for my booster booster yesterday afternoon. Slight stuff up as I was the only person booked for that time period and although the pharmacist was prepared to provide it, it would mean they would be required to break open and waste the remaining vaccinations. No way do I think expensive resources should be tossed out just for me so I rebooked for Monday.

wylie, jaybean, Westminster and 2 others like this.
  7. NedKelly

NedKelly Well-Known Member

Not all the rage is it?

8. SatayKing

Monday was a wipe out as well. Finally got the booster booster today. Now for the bloody shingles vax late this month. At a certain point in our lives we become pin cushions.

9. Lacrim

Lacrim Well-Known Member

Has anyone received Novavax as a primary shot or booster? If so, any issues?

10. SatayKing

From TGA safety report of 14 July.

"The Nuvaxovid (Novavax) vaccine is provisionally approved for adults. To 10 July 2022, about 167,800 doses of Nuvaxovid (Novavax) have been administered in Australia.

The TGA has received a small number of reports of suspected myocarditis and/or pericarditis in people who have received the Nuvaxovid (Novavax) vaccine. After assessing these against a set of internationally accepted criteria, 3 cases were likely to represent myocarditis and 19 were likely to represent pericarditis. As a result of our investigation, the Product Information (PI) for Nuvaxovid (Novavax) has been updated to include pericarditis as a potential adverse event.

Anaphylaxis, paraesthesia and hypoaesthesia (tingling and numbness of the skin) have also been added to the Nuvaxovid (Novavax) PI as potential adverse events. These adverse events are also recognised for other COVID-19 vaccines in use in Australia."

COVID-19 vaccine safety report - 14-07-2022

11. Lacrim

Lacrim Well-Known Member

Hmm, doesn't give you the warm and fuzzy does it.

Really this virus has forced upon us some very hard decisions wrt the risk of the virus vs the risk of the protection. I know people say side effects are rare etc but IMHO they have been played down. I knw bc I was/am a stat.

GreenTreeFrog likes this.
  12. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

Primary + Second. No side effects whatsoever (no swelling, no soreness, no headache, no tiredness.... nudda) to the point I thought I was dudded and given saline or something....

The Y-man

GreenTreeFrog and Lacrim like this.
  13. abbyfresh

abbyfresh Well-Known Member

14. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Our clients are global and know we are property tax professionals. Our advisers are qualified and experienced and we don't outsource. We can help with complex CGT, Income Tax, and Developer issues. Property is our speciality incl Trusts, Co and SMSF