COVID-19 vaccines & treatments 2021

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by Simon Hampel, 3rd Jan, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

2. MWI

MWI Well-Known Member

I agree, I have read on it .... some cases where it actually saved lives, if only more doctors would administer it when needed? If I had 20% chance of survival and was on ventilator I see no harm why I could not take it especially if it has been around for over 40 years.
    This is from Natural Magazine from NZ.
    IMG_9250.jpg

Lizzie likes this.
  3. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Apparently it's a cheap as buggery - and easy to make - as well. Just like VitD (which boosts the immune system). Perhaps that's why it's not being pursued :rolleyes:

krispy and MWI like this.
  4. Shazz@

Shazz@ Well-Known Member

Nah.. where are the large random double blind placebo controlled trials to show this drug works..
    Anecdotal evidence where there is an effect in a handful of cases just doesn’t cut it.. :rolleyes:

Why You Should Not Use Ivermectin to Treat or Prevent COVID-19

See Change, Joynz and geoffw like this.
  5. Millie

Millie Well-Known Member

Get friendly with a sheep farmer - jump in the sheep yard at drenching time. Used to drench sheep for worms.

Maybe mention you don’t need the Drench gun though :)

upload_2021-5-13_8-2-13.jpeg

6. Stoffo

Stoffo Well-Known Member

Background, we both got online and registered our intrest in getting the Pfizer jab.

I got an email tonight and went through the booking process, but at no point is there an opportunity or option to book in another person/partner !

It seem's that I'm higher up the list because I'm older.

So chances are we will end up with different appointments on different days and will each have to drive all the way to the vaccination center (and sit alone) meaning 4 long car trips to get the damn thing.....

Seems to be a fail that if multiple people from a residence register or couples can't book in the same day or time for their appointments , will probably ring up the hotline tomorrow and if we can't go at the same time for whatever reason I will cancel my appointment and risk waiting until our GP can administer it :p

datto and qak like this.
  7. qak

qak Well-Known Member

Yes I found the same. Then I thought I was signing up and getting an appointment, but it just said I'm on the list. Pressed another button and got to make a booking but double booked one appointment, then had to cancel & it cancelled both. Tried again and can't get past registering an interest :mad:

Will try again when I have more patience. :rolleyes:

Stoffo likes this.
  8. Baker

Baker Well-Known Member

Got my first dose of Pfizer vaccine today.

Only noticeable side effect is a slight urge to use Microsoft Edge.
    Very disappointed that my mobile signal hasn't improved to 5G.

Anne11, Scott No Mates and Sailin like this.
  9. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Had my AZ this evening ... 4 hours ago. Mentally writing tomorrow off, but no symptoms so far. A rare day slobbing on the couch won't hurt

10. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Sounds like should be in the first world problem thread.

Went for my AZ today ... hubby has to wait 2 weeks as had his work flu jab this morn ... over an hour round trip. Twice cause I thought it was an am appointment but turned out the be pm ... fortunately they bought my pm version earlier than 8.45!

Stoffo and twobobsworth like this.
  11. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

My wife had her 2nd Pfizer vaccine on Tuesday - no significant side effects other than being a bit head-achey and a rather sore arm (still sore today I believe).

One of her colleagues had quite a bad reaction to the 2nd Pfizer jab.

Lizzie and Shogun like this.
  12. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

86 year old father in law had his first AZ last week ... simply felt a little lethargic the following day

13. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

How to find antivaxxers. The post and comments on post below.
    Screenshot_20210514-070506_Facebook.jpg Screenshot_20210514-070519_Facebook.jpg

14. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Good in theory - but India is in a chaotic crisis and cannot wait. There have been studies in Germany, US, Japan and UK where, when this drug was administered, mortality rates fell and the severity of the illness itself was less.

It is a currently used drug for humans in regards to reducing viral loads and proven to be safe in small doses ... and, I guess, in such a crisis they have to try everything

As TN and Goa Push Ivermectin for COVID, WHO Scientist Reiterates Opposition - The Wire Science

I do understand that WHO are firmly against the use, despite extensive "in field" evidence proving it works - however - the WHO doesn't hold much credibility in anything they've done regarding this pandemic

Last edited: 14th May, 2021
  15. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

... Which is the same attitude that caused so much trouble with hydroxychloroquine. Sorry, I'd much rather wait to see if a medication is really effective before having it used widely.

As has been seen with the vaccines, there are procedures that can get something fast-tracked when something is showing good results in a crisis situation.

Joynz, Shazz@ and Lizzie like this.
  16. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

I don't disagree - but it is a drug that has been used in humans extensively for the last 50 years - and India is running out of options if they were to wait months for "clinical trials" when frontline results are speaking for themselves.

Be great if they had to luxury of time.

Worst comes to worse - there'll be a great reduction in the incidence of River Blindness

Ivermectin, ‘Wonder drug’ from Japan: the human use perspective

17. Shazz@

Shazz@ Well-Known Member

If this was true, the regulatory authorities around the world would have approved its use.

WHO conducted the SOLIDARITY trial. The largest clinical trial which looked at the use of existing medicines such as hydroxychloroquine (and others) to treat COVID-19. If Ivermectin had any promising data, it would have been included in the trial. The fact that it didn’t, says a lot. The trial importantly showed that these drugs did not have any effect in treating Covid. It’s a negative result, and I’m sure there were countries desperate in seeing something positive, but that was the result. I am not sure what you are referring to when you say WHO doesn’t hold any ‘credibility’.

This how Trump and other world leaders spoke when they touted untested drugs..
    Thankfully, India does have access to effective vaccines. They have options.

Joynz and geoffw like this.
  18. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Sorry but the WHO has little credibility in regards to this pandemic ... it was only last week that they officially confirmed that covid is an airborne virus.

Unfortunately the majority of those in India DO NOT have access to a vaccine. Demand is massively outstripping supply (which you'd know if you followed reliable sources in the field, i.e. doctors, instead of government sites) ... and health care is practically non existence in many outlying areas.

Please go outside the WHO media releases for your information. I prefer to believe those, medical staff and medically confirmed cases, operating at the coal face than those in the boardroom and government offices, paid to spin a yarn ... and please do not ever compare me to that uneducated, absolute idiot who squatted in the WH for a very long 4 years

Remember that death and case numbers in India are around 5-10x what the Indian government is reporting ... desperate times

Coronavirus | Ivermectin used despite WHO advice

19. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

It's not just WHO which is not encouraging the use of Invermectin. Other scientific bodies such as the US FDA and the Australian Department of Health have also suggested caution. Some studies have shown cause for optimism, others not. No large independent study yet has shown it to be effective - the more optimistic results have been for small studies or studies showing bias.

Some countries have started to use it, as have some states in India. In one country, they couldn't conduct a proper trial because too many people were already taking the drug.

In the meantime, if it's not effective, it's causing damage, as people already taking it will believe that they are protected.

Having an epidemic is no excuse for using a treatment which may well not be effective.

Joynz and Shazz@ like this.
  20. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Damned if they don't - if lengthy trials show positive results but they don't use it in the meantime - damned if they do - if lengthy trials prove ineffectiveness ... glad we don't have to make that call

However, it is already used by nearly 3 billion people worldwide and hence negative reactions are well documented

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.