COVID-19 Masks

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by kierank, 8th Jan, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Casteller

Casteller Well-Known Member

Took the kids to a rope adventure park on the weekend, we're up in the trees climbing and on the flying fox with our masks on, ridiculous.

After nearly two years wearing these things the best masks for me are the loose fitting ones that let the most air in the sides.

2. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

I wore closer fitting ones in the early days, but find it hard to breath and have an urge to pull it away from my face to get a good lung full of air. So we have been wearing the basic ones with better airflow (less protection, I know). That was when we had almost no cases locally.

Now it is everywhere, I've ordered better ones that fit more tightly and will wear them when I'm anywhere with people close by.

Casteller likes this.
  3. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

Which completely defeats the purpose of them - other than to comply with your legal obligations, I guess.

4. Casteller

Casteller Well-Known Member

That's the effect of long term blanket indoor and outdoor mask mandates, you look for a way to live with them and for me it's a looser fitting mask that lets you breath better. I walk 8-10km a day and go to the gym, both unpleasant with a tight mask. Even with the mask I've got after a set have to pull it away from the face for a minute in order to breath, feel like passing out otherwise.
    Most common solution many people have outdoors is to stick nose above the mask. Indoors won't get away with that someone will bust you.

5. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

I'm with you, mask wearing and exercising don't mix.

On the other hand, I had zero issues wearing a mask throughout a performance of Hamilton that I went to (had the tickets for a few months), you completely forget you have a mask on and enjoy the performance, it was amazing. Probably wouldn't purposely buy theatre tickets now in this current wave though unfortunately, the virus is now everywhere in Sydney.

6. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

I couldn't do that with the masks I currently wear. They're fine for short visits to the shops - but I really struggle to breathe with any kind of physical exertion.

7. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member