COVID-19 and your business - impacts

Discussion in 'Starting & Running a Business' started by hobo, 18th Mar, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Ross Forrester

Ross Forrester Well-Known Member

I just had a client declare liquidation yesterday.

they are in hospitality. The move was smart as it stops ongoing lease payments and stops the ongoing costs.

Doing a members voluntary liquidation will be a smart move for many. If they are structured properly they can start up fresh in 12 months and lower their break even point during this time.

Talking to another guy who should also do it - a medical related profession.

2. Omnidragon

Omnidragon Well-Known Member

As you seem to care about the law, I wonder if there would be food safety issues. Handling, carriage, place of sale etc. Which council would it be under if you sold at a different supermarket? Is it the same law as takeaway? But if someone disregarded that may work.

The Y-man likes this.
  3. Spiderman

Spiderman Well-Known Member

With people staying home I've enjoyed a boom in my non-fiction ebook sales (about a niche hobby interest that can be done at home). Approximately a doubling in the last month or so. When you type ebook into Google Trends there's a similar increase in searches.

Something I had started to develop before virus were presentations on writing ebooks drawing from my experience. Obviously that's all on hold. But I was able to use the material prepared, and build on it some more, to write an ebook about writing ebooks. It took a week of intense work to get it done. At only 15000 words the concept was a quick and breezy guide that would sell at a low price. Anyway if you give presentations and haven't already made a book from them now might be a good time with a large at-home reading audience.

It's too early to report on sales of "Make Your Passion Pay" but its Facebook page is here: Security Check Required