Covenant on the Contract Sales

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by ishe, 30th May, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. ishe

ishe New Member

Hi All,
    i am quiet new and still learning as i go to all this invest in property, i have been eyeing a couple of property in campbelltown area, requested a contract and the word of covenant strikes me as it has listed a long list of covenant attached.

it has give me a headache to understand the whole statement or even read the text. overall i am aware they are no fences are allowed, nor additional building is created. but what im not sure is can i knock down the place and build duplex? as long as i follow the covenant it should be okay right?

what is the cons to re-sell this place if i decided to just buy and resell it in 5 years time? the place is zoned R2 - low density.

thank you!

Attached Files:

2. Propertunity

Propertunity Well-Known Member

Items 6 & 7 on the 88b instrument describing the covenant, would give me concern about the ability to build a duplex. Time to see a property lawyer methinks.

3. jyeung80

jyeung80 Well-Known Member

This. I would probably stay away if you want to purchase for the purposes of subdivision & redevelopment.

4. bmc

bmc Well-Known Member

i read this as not permitting a dual occ however if the lot meets the minumun area (per lot) for subdivision, and you build a duplex and subdivide you will still only have 1 dwelling per lot.
    i would check with council as their LEP may overide this covenant anyway.